GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recall soon for rear springs on 56k VW’s

H

Huntermike

https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/VW-recalls-cars-SUVs-because-rear-springs-could-break-507778481.html
Volkswagen is recalling over 56,000 cars and SUVs in the U.S. because the rear coil springs can break without warning and cause people to lose control of their vehicles.

The recall covers certain 2015 through 2019 Golf hatchbacks, the 2017 through 2019 Golf Sportwagen, the 2019 Jetta sedan and 2018 and 2019 Tiguan SUV.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says in documents posted Thursday that a broken spring can damage a tire or become a road hazard. The documents didn't mention any crashes or injuries.

The safety agency says a parts maker used the wrong material or manufacturing process to make the springs.

Dealers will replace the faulty parts. The recall begins April 19.

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
Kind of looks like GTIs are excluded on this, but then again general news might just be calling the entire group Golfs.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Saabs were notorious for this on the front, obviously made worse if you lived anywhere that they salted the roads. Mine broke after they went bankrupt of course so I just threw Eibachs and Koni yellows on it. :D

In4updates.

Nissan Versa also had it on fronts. Happened to my wife's car, but fortunately we got reimbursed for it once recall happened.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Fascinating. Wonder if I can save on labor and get my shocks/struts replaced at same time. Im definitely due for shocks and struts and was planning on reusing the stock springs. Guess I will wait now.

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
Fascinating. Wonder if I can save on labor and get my shocks/struts replaced at same time. Im definitely due for shocks and struts and was planning on reusing the stock springs. Guess I will wait now.

lol yeah good luck with that.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
One model I believe it covers is the GSW TDI, torsion beam rear... one good thing for that model, it's a simple recall that doesn't (shouldn't) have the potential to cause other issues, should be able to drive in, grab a snack from the lounge and then take the car back in under an hour

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk