GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Searching for a mail route vehicle

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Ah ok ha, they will be inspecting soon so we'll see. I'm guessing that's a good selling point when the time comes for an upgrade. If it's already approved by their inspector

Once she's full time and knows that she likes the job we'd like to buy a new RHD wrangler unlimited

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If she gets into an accident she's guaranteed to be seriously hurt or killed. That center post and steering wheel will kill her in a frontal collision and will at a minimum pulverize her legs in a side collision. For another $5,000 or so you could have bought a real RHD Jeep. Saving such a small amount of money and risking your wife's health and life is IMO the most reckless thing I ever heard of. And good luck putting in an insurance claim if she runs into someone.

And signals need to be given out the left-hand window. How will another driver see them out the other window?

Kenny kustom

Passed Driver's Ed
If she gets into an accident she's guaranteed to be seriously hurt or killed. That center post and steering wheel will kill her in a frontal collision and will at a minimum pulverize her legs in a side collision. For another $5,000 or so you could have bought a real RHD Jeep. Saving such a small amount of money and risking your wife's health and life is IMO the most reckless thing I ever heard of. And good luck putting in an insurance claim if she runs into someone.

And signals need to be given out the left-hand window. How will another driver see them out the other window?

Glad I'm not the only one that sees that death trap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So I'm confused, you're saying the crumple zone of a jeep is the whole passenger compartment? And I guess you're also assuming she wouldn't be wearing a self belt (the whole point of her NOT driving a LHD car.

The steering wheel is OEM...attached to the center hub exactly how it was from the factory (mig welded)

She will not be giving hand signals. I never once indicated that. She'll have a similar set up to every other conversion, a simple pivoting linkage (pull for right/push for left). Google is your friend here

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Maybe I should go ahead and order a recaro, harness, and DOM tubing to build a full SCCA cage complete with fire suppression? Install airbags that 1993s didn't come with? Active brake assist? I'm open to more reasonable ideas

Kenny kustom

Passed Driver's Ed
Has nothing to do with the actual steering wheel. It's more about the factory column.

You say you are open to options?
Buy a factory rhd car.

Anywho.... its not mine, I've voiced my concern, I'll leave it at that.

Drive safe..

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I plan to, once she's driven the route and decided she likes the job. Ideally we'd sell the jeep & trade in her current suv on a new RHD wrangler unlimited and reduce the number of cars on our insurance. USPS is so slow about everything that she's driven it to training for two weeks now since her start date and they still haven't even looked at it. If I knew I had this much time I wouldn't have killed my self pulling 20+ hour days between my real job and building the conversion

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Has nothing to do with the actual steering wheel. It's more about the factory column.

You say you are open to options?
Buy a factory rhd car.

Anywho.... its not mine, I've voiced my concern, I'll leave it at that.

Drive safe..

Me too. Either you see the problem, or you don't. It's not my family.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I plan to, once she's driven the route and decided she likes the job. Ideally we'd sell the jeep & trade in her current suv on a new RHD wrangler unlimited and reduce the number of cars on our insurance. USPS is so slow about everything that she's driven it to training for two weeks now since her start date and they still haven't even looked at it. If I knew I had this much time I wouldn't have killed my self pulling 20+ hour days between my real job and building the conversion

IMO, you should require any buyer to sign a liability release.