GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So a cop flipped me off today

livefast

Ready to race!
Okay okay, but was it really necessary for him to pull up next to me, give me the finger, then go back to tailgating me?

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
Okay okay, but was it really necessary for him to pull up next to me, give me the finger, then go back to tailgating me?
If true, file a complaint noting time, date, location, description of the officer and friend, police vehicle ID number and tag number, description of police vehicle, etc.

I'd have taken a picture of said event a-la Top Gun.

kulka89

Ready to race!

yes, for you to understand to that left line is not for you when there is someone fester than you....

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
I call BS on the whole story. Any cop around here would've pulled your ass over just for being a douchebag-of-a-driver.

Unless of course there was a prostitute in there pulling 'double duty'...

livefast

Ready to race!
If true, file a complaint noting time, date, location, description of the officer and friend, police vehicle ID number and tag number, description of police vehicle, etc.

I'd have taken a picture of said event a-la Top Gun.

I wish I had remembered the plate/taken a video haha I don't think any cop should really be participating in that type of behavior. Just thought I'd share the story.

I call BS on the whole story. Any cop around here would've pulled your ass over just for being a douchebag-of-a-driver.

Unless of course there was a prostitute in there pulling 'double duty'...

I have friends that have been given tickets just because a cop was trailing them for a couple minutes and decided they were going fast enough to pull over. What's stopping this guy from doing that to me?

Also, what's wrong with going 10 over the limit with a cop behind you?

If it was anyone else behind me, sure I'd speed up. I'm not worried about going fast; I'm worried about getting tickets.

TDI110

O_o
Nothing wrong with going 10 over the limit w/ a cop behind you. It may have been that you were on the left lane when you shouldn't have been.

bmxr

Ready to race!

You are right. He should have saved his finger for writing you a couple tickets instead. One for speeding and one for failing to yield.

This reminds me of a big reason I left SoFla.... the drivers there are mostly self important asshats who actually enjoy doing this kind of stuff. Rolling around actively blocking the left lane is typical and they justify it because there is "no law that says I have to move out of the way" even though in most cases, there are laws that apply.

Last edited:

livefast

Ready to race!
By the way, why should cops be allowed to speed during non-emergencies? By all means go ahead and speed if you need to get to an emergency or another law enforcing event, but to leisurely drive in speeds excess of 100mph without lights on seems ridiculous.

Even going 5 mph over can get you a ticket in some areas. Why should the cop be allowed to break the law going 35 over? It doesn't make sense.

rcopp

Ready to race!
Because they get certain perks with their job.... Like everyone else said, if you weren't in the left lane this wouldn't have happened, it irritates the hell out of me when people are in the left lane when there are 2 or 3 other lanes open next to them. I'm always sure that I'm as far right as I can be when I'm not passing, even if I'm following a friend/family member somewhere and they don't do it, I'll still move over.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Why do people seem to think they aren't supposed to pull you over for 5 to 10 MPH over the speed limit? There IS something wrong with going 10 MPH over the speed limit: it's called speeding. It's a hard limit, not a suggestion. They CAN pull you over for 1 MPH over the speed limit if they so choose, it would be breaking the law no matter how much or how little you exceed it. Just because they don't bother doesn't mean they can't.

APdubbin

Ready to race!
Why do people seem to think they aren't supposed to pull you over for 5 to 10 MPH over the speed limit? There IS something wrong with going 10 MPH over the speed limit: it's called speeding. It's a hard limit, not a suggestion. They CAN pull you over for 1 MPH over the speed limit if they so choose, it would be breaking the law no matter how much or how little you exceed it. Just because they don't bother doesn't mean they can't.

I would like to see a cop win in court for a ticket of 1 mph over speed limit. Even 5 over can be easily challenged in court.
THATS why they dont pull you over at that speed. Not because they are just nice guys.
Yes, they can pull you over but its a waste of time for all parties involved.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
FUCK THAT BITCH!!! THIS JUST MAKES ME HATE COPS EVEN MORE!!! I'D LOVE TO GET PULLED OVER BY HIS ASS AND GO AHEAD AND TELL HIM WHAT'S ON MY MIND. COPS CAN BE PRICKS!!! he shouldn't even be a cop if he's tailgaiting other drivers.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion

livefast

Ready to race!
Cops shouldn't be speeding either... (when there is no emergency)

Still, can anyone explain why he pulled up next to me, gave me the finger, then went back to tailgating me. This shit just doesn't make sense. Then he takes off going 100 and cuts me off.

I have nothing against cops, but none of them should behave like that. I don't really feel like arguing this any further.

Next time I don't want to drive at speeds over 85 mph, I'll just use the middle lane.