Votes: 15 24.6%
  • always go 50/50 no matter how much she makes

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Make her pay more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
and Max, if she's making more money than you, and if things got serious, where is her money going towards then? that's really weird.

The few guys I do know where the wives make more than them do not have any probs with this stuff, sounds nice actually, lol.

No idea... I kinda see what she's saying but at the same time I am annoyed because I'd like to split the bill.

srs?

get outta here .. thats bs..

traditional??

she wants traditional? she better be makin sammiches and poppin kids..

theres nothing left traditional about dating. 2013 bro, get with the program.

Smack some sense inside her. if you know what I mean -

Well hence me getting a little irked and making this thread...

If she's making more than you, it's not going to last long unless you get your ducks in a row ;)

yea yea... its not easy making more than 110k while under 30 :yikes:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Why did she suggest this? Any event or conversation to spark the idea?

There is no way she came up with it all on her own.

Nope I suppose she never really took to the idea of splitting... we did it initially as we were friends first... now that we're dating I suppose she thinks it the proper etiquette.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
Hey then agian if women want to be equal, shouldnt they try to pay? I mean shit. Lets put it this way.
If you take a girl out, and you expect her to pay for herself, youre gonna have a bad time.
If she asks you to go somewhere, and expects you to pay, youre gonna have a bad time!
If you both decide lets go somewhere, and she doesnt want to pay fair share, even if you dont let her, youre gonna have a bad time.

I tend to pay for girls, because Im a nice guy. If the girl doesnt say anything and take it for granted, shes probably not worth it.

Nope I suppose she never really took to the idea of splitting... we did it initially as we were friends first... now that we're dating I suppose she thinks it the proper etiquette.

ahhh, makes sense now.

next thing you know, she will be too comfortable around you.

She wants you to pay every single bill, but she saves her money.

how is that fair for you?

You have wants as well don't you?

She doesn't have your ring on her finger, you don't share bank accounts..

im sorry but, I don't agree with her.

Once you put the ring on her, say I do, then you can pay every meal.

I would talk to her about it, and see what she says. If its a deal breaker, LOL,

well it wasn't worth your time anyways..

Shini

Go Kart Champion

Not proper etiquette. She wants her cake and to eat it too. Selfish selfish selfish behavior, wether she realizes it or not.

I agree that dating isn't about being even with someone as far as spending money goes, but to just lay it out there like that and draw a line in the sand...Nah...Fuck that. Unless she's going to provide head on demand, clean for you, and what not, then she needs to get her mind right.

I had one of the hottest (which explains the behavior..lol) girls I've ever dated pull that on me, basically let me know she only dates/is interested in guys that "take care of" her is how she put it, aka pay for all the food/stuff we do on dates. Yeah no thanks. Let the loser behind me take you up on that one :)

ahhh, makes sense now.

next thing you know, she will be too comfortable around you.

She wants you to pay every single bill, but she saves her money.

how is that fair for you?

You have wants as well don't you?

She doesn't have your ring on her finger, you don't share bank accounts..

im sorry but, I don't agree with her.

Once you put the ring on her, say I do, then you can pay every meal.

I would talk to her about it, and see what she says. If its a deal breaker, LOL,

well it wasn't worth your time anyways..

Yeah...this is typical behavior for people sharing bank accounts/married...not dating...

Not proper etiquette. She wants her cake and to eat it too. Selfish selfish selfish behavior, wether she realizes it or not.

I agree that dating isn't about being even with someone as far as spending money goes, but to just lay it out there like that and draw a line in the sand...Nah...Fuck that. Unless she's going to provide head on demand, clean for you, and what not, then she needs to get her mind right.

I had one of the hottest (which explains the behavior..lol) girls I've ever dated pull that on me, basically let me know she only dates/is interested in guys that "take care of" her is how she put it, aka pay for all the food/stuff we do on dates. Yeah no thanks. Let the loser behind me take you up on that one :)

I hear GK never gets those..

poor fella.. :(

Yeah...this is typical behavior for people sharing bank accounts/married...not dating...

So why do people date in the first place? To see if the person is right for them, correct?

This thread speaks for itself. Obviously Max disagrees with her, hence why he is asking if people see the same point as him, or else he would be paying dinner for 2 at the moment.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
So why do people date in the first place? To see if the person is right for them, correct?

This thread speaks for itself. Obviously Max disagrees with her, hence why he is asking if people see the same point as him, or else he would be paying dinner for 2 at the moment.

I'm cool with paying for everything for the first few dates but once it's obvious this thing has legs and isn't going away anytime soon I'll expect her to start doing stuff in return...Not sex by any means at all, but random dinners, etc...even if she cook, just SOMETHING...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Correct I was just trying to see how ppl in general feel about this... I of course expected a few of the "i always pay for everything" responses but I feel like I am being reasonable here. She makes more, spends less than me and I feel like it would be nice if she picked up the tab occasionally esp without me asking.

But clearly that would be an awkward conversation to have... since I already had it with her earlier.

I don't recall her paying lately... at all the last 10 times I did... :yikes:

I'm cool with paying for everything for the first few dates but once it's obvious this thing has legs and isn't going away anytime soon I'll expect her to start doing stuff in return...Not sex by any means at all, but random dinners, etc...even if she cook, just SOMETHING...

yeah agreed. He said it wasn't first dates anymore.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

I've had a very similar situation myself, as well. I had a girl literally blurt out one time, "well.. when are you gonna spend some money on me?", and I was like, WTF? this was after we had been going to the movies 1-2x a week, I took her to a nice Greek restaurant, etc, and its like, ya know, its great that you S the D and all this shit, but did you just complain that I'm not spending enough money on you??! f that noise.

I hear GK never gets those..

poor fella.. :(

kids don't help that situation :(

Correct I was just trying to see how ppl in general feel about this... I of course expected a few of the "i always pay for everything" responses but I feel like I am being reasonable here. She makes more, spends less than me and I feel like it would be nice if she picked up the tab occasionally esp without me asking.

But clearly that would be an awkward conversation to have... since I already had it with her earlier.

I don't recall her paying lately... at all the last 10 times I did... :yikes:

So, she fully knows she makes more than you, yes? I mean, I've dated quite a few girls who made less than me or much less than me, I really didn't expect them to pick up the tab at all. I only dated a woman who made more than me like once, and she was awesome in that we would just arbitrarily pick up the tab on shit goign back and forth - that felt natural, normal, and reasonable and it never even had to be a topic of discussion honestly.

Something about this girl and how she is acting is definitely concerning. How old is she Max? has she been in a many serious relationships before?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I've had a very similar situation myself, as well. I had a girl literally blurt out one time, "well.. when are you gonna spend some money on me?", and I was like, WTF? this was after we had been going to the movies 1-2x a week, I took her to a nice Greek restaurant, etc, and its like, ya know, its great that you S the D and all this shit, but did you just complain that I'm not spending enough money on you??! f that noise.

kids don't help that situation :(

So, she fully knows she makes more than you, yes? I mean, I've dated quite a few girls who made less than me or much less than me, I really didn't expect them to pick up the tab at all. I only dated a woman who made more than me like once, and she was awesome in that we would just arbitrarily pick up the tab on shit goign back and forth - that felt natural, normal, and reasonable and it never even had to be a topic of discussion honestly.

Something about this girl and how she is acting is definitely concerning. How old is she Max? has she been in a many serious relationships before?

She is 26 (27 soon), she's prob been in about 4 relationships. Honestly this is a new trend... that I am trying to reverse.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
I've been with my girlfriend for over 2 years and we usually split everything. One time she'll pay, one time i'll pay. I don't think it is fair at all that you should pay for all the outings, she has money, she can help out too. If you were a millionaire and just being cheap, then that's a different story. I think it is okay to pay for the bill once in a while, but going out a lot can definitely add up quickly. She needs to understand that you need to save money and spend it on yourself, not always on her. Of course, the occasional gift wouldn't hurt (doesn't even have to be anything expensive, just meaningful).