GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

cb1111

I see your point, except the website that Jim refers to, thenationalpulse.com is hardly a legitimate news site, it's just a bunch of HARD Right crap. He says that since CB1111 agrees with him it must be legit non partisan news. What CB1111 actually said was " sometimes even bullshit websites ACCIDENTALLY get it right.
You're reading way too much into this. Jim did not say (unless I overlooked something) that I agreed that the site was legit (I never bothered to look) - he said that I agreed that the inform was correct (or at least had been reported on mainstream news using different sources).

As far as the "sometimes the bullshit..." is concerned, that is correct - hell, I suspect that even zricky got something right during his lifetime.

cb1111

So that website just made up a plan and decided to call it the Trump Crisis Response Plan to show how bad Biden was to cancel the plan in light of the Taliban takeover and the Afghan people's lives who helped us are now endangered? Should be easy enough for you to verify if there was such plan. And what does that website get out of it if it's a lie except for embarrassment and possibly lawsuits.
Whack-a-doodle websites and "news outlets" make up shit all the time and flat out lie (look at the National Inquirer).

Look at some of the crap that zricky posts, complete with made up charts and photos from what he claims are reputable news sites.

I think somebody said that the reporter used to work for Breitbart - a legit organization (even if they lean towards whack-a-doodle'ism), so it is unlikely that he'd just make stuff up - maybe twist it a bit and put a spin on it that wasn't there - but it probably isn't made up.

That said, State (and the rest of govt) loves to get rid of functions or offices and transfer them into different divisions - so the fact that an office went away doesn't mean that the function went away - often times, a whole office will disappear one day and show up the next with a different name.

I suspect that I know where it went. It didn't go away.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Risking the 'rona
PXL_20210820_221959040.jpg

cb1111

I agree with you here, too much hyperbole. Feel the same way about the overuse of "hero". My little brother was an air force mechanic, had people call him a hero for serving; his response was always "take it down a notch, I've never been within 1,000 miles of a battle and I work on hydraulics".
I debated with liking this post because I agree - but - there are words and phrases that we use without thinking of what they mean.

I personally hate the "thank you for serving" because it has become completely meaningless.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

It isn't my fucking job to provide proper citations and sources for other people's claims.

Long before that agency existed, we were able to evacuate Americans from foreign countries. Many years ago, I was on the Saipan when we evacuated Americans out of the Congo. Are you claiming that this agency would somehow have facilitated an orderly evacuation?

Last edited:

cb1111

It isn't my fucking job to provide proper citations and sources for other people's claims.

Long before that agency existed, we were able to evacuate Americans from foreign countries. Many years ago, I was on the Saigon when we evacuated Americans out of the Congo. Are you claiming that this agency would somehow have facilitated an orderly evacuation?
Of course not - but you also know by now that I don't make definitive statements without having my shit together

zrickety

The Fixer
So you want a free fit bit from the government? Would that make you exercise?

And if they did, you'd claim they were using it to track you.
They use my phone for that, obviously.
I don't want anything from the government, except maybe a balanced budget. The simplest things are impossible for them.
The point is, there's a million things they could do to incentivize being healthy.
Instead, everyone has become a vaccine salesman for billion dollar companies.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
They use my phone for that, obviously.
I don't want anything from the government, except maybe a balanced budget. The simplest things are impossible for them.
The point is, there's a million things they could do to incentivize being healthy.
Instead, everyone has become a vaccine salesman for billion dollar companies.

You just equated the government caring with getting a fit bit.

Literally anyone can eat halfway decent and walk 30 minutes a day.

Please do tell how the government should force people to eat better and exercise. As you say, it's such a simple thing, so let's hear your simple plan for small government forcing Americans to eat right and exercise.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Of course not - but you also know by now that I don't make definitive statements without having my shit together

Even you should post your source. You aren't special.

zrickety

The Fixer
Leaked Pfizer agreement. They are pretty cutthroat. You must buy, they accept no liability, no refunds.
I particularly like this part, "Purchaser acknowledges...the long-term effects and efficacy of the Vaccine are not currently known and that there may be adverse effects of the Vaccine that are not currently known."
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1419653002818990085.html

zrickety

The Fixer
The state must defend Pfizer:
"(Pfizer) shall notify Purchaser of Losses for which it is seeking indemnification... Upon such notification, Purchaser shall promptly assume conduct and control of the defense of such Indemnified Claims on behalf of (Pfizer)"
However, "Pfizer shall have the right to assume control of such defense... and Purchaser shall pay all Losses, including, without limitation, the reasonable attorneys’ fees and other expenses incurred."
The contract must be kept confidential for 10 years.
Why 30yrs in Israel?
"The provisions of this Section 10 (Confidential Information) shall survive the termination or expiration of the this Agreement for a period of ten (10) years"