GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

zrickety

The Fixer
Unfortunately for you there are loads of different news stations over here, web reports etc & even taking into account the "lean/bias" of the various news sources there is no doubt..which is why I stated what I did....

Plus I lived in USA for three years so I know "from the inside" what the difference is between USA news about USA stuff & "foreign" news about USA stuff......
Fake news over there is blowing Joe Biden like he's Ron Jeremy. There is no difference.

zrickety

The Fixer
Guess the pandemic is over??
EmR34sWXcAA1fDg.jpg
EmR34rpW8AA78o-.jpg

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I more or less read the first post and the last posts. As a supporter, it pains me that Trump thought placating some of his base would win him the election. If not for the virus I'm confident even with his bluster he would have won.

But being older, we're not taking any chances. I purchased approved N95 masks and supplemented them with my own HEPA filter insert. Not as easy to breath through but we have no problem tolerating them. We both had Type A flus in our lifetimes. If you had one you know how bad they can be - three days of hell. I can only imagine having in effect a Type A flu that attacks your lungs. Sure, it's possible it could not produce any symptoms in us, but then again it could. We do all of the other things one should do, avoiding even low risk activities. We've been married for 47 years, and I'm not looking for my wife to be a widow at her age.

The OP did have many valid points at the time he posted it. The virus seemed to be under control. I think that fostered too much complacency. We studied past epidemics, and like then this one is finding its way into more rural areas. Our country is just too big. Even with draconian measures there are too many people eschewing masks and social distancing indoors. There's a mask order in my county but there's no enforcement. The small stores won't let you shop without one but the big stores will. We stopped shopping at them, and walk out of any store where even one person isn't wearing a mask, or wearing a mask incorrectly.

The worst part is not flying to visit friends and relatives. If you believe what the airlines say, that only 47 people were infected despite millions of miles flown, there's a great piece of swampland behind my house for sale. I'm sure most or all of you know that businesses know it's impossible to prove where you caught the virus, so they're not worried about their claims or being sued. I really love they think their HEPA filtration filters matter when the person 12 inches from your face in the middle seat, wearing one of those cute Hello Kitty cloth masks, or even a good mask, that they take off to drink and eat.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Fake news over there is blowing Joe Biden like he's Ron Jeremy. There is no difference.

Like I said even taking into account the BS news & looking at numerous sources & sorting the wheat from the chaff.....but please continue to bury your head in the sand.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I more or less read the first post and the last posts. As a supporter, it pains me that Trump thought placating some of his base would win him the election. If not for the virus I'm confident even with his bluster he would have won.

But being older, we're not taking any chances. I purchased approved N95 masks and supplemented them with my own HEPA filter insert. Not as easy to breath through but we have no problem tolerating them. We both had Type A flus in our lifetimes. If you had one you know how bad they can be - three days of hell. I can only imagine having in effect a Type A flu that attacks your lungs. Sure, it's possible it could not produce any symptoms in us, but then again it could. We do all of the other things one should do, avoiding even low risk activities. We've been married for 47 years, and I'm not looking for my wife to be a widow at her age.

The OP did have many valid points at the time he posted it. The virus seemed to be under control. I think that fostered too much complacency. We studied past epidemics, and like then this one is finding its way into more rural areas. Our country is just too big. Even with draconian measures there are too many people eschewing masks and social distancing indoors. There's a mask order in my county but there's no enforcement. The small stores won't let you shop without one but the big stores will. We stopped shopping at them, and walk out of any store where even one person isn't wearing a mask, or wearing a mask incorrectly.

The worst part is not flying to visit friends and relatives. If you believe what the airlines say, that only 47 people were infected despite millions of miles flown, there's a great piece of swampland behind my house for sale. I'm sure most or all of you know that businesses know it's impossible to prove where you caught the virus, so they're not worried about their claims or being sued. I really love they think their HEPA filtration filters matter when the person 12 inches from your face in the middle seat, wearing one of those cute Hello Kitty cloth masks, or even a good mask, that they take off to drink and eat.

You support the guy that actively went out of his way to try and kill you? Wow.

golfdave

Autocross Champion

If the above is 100% accurate (I have seen some photos similar to above of the latest parties)...then all I can say is that those people are just as idiotic as Trump..but a fair chunk of USA has had a hard time believing that Covid-19 exists...& yes even in this country & some European counties there have been some shocking photos of fecking idiots not taking the situation seriously...to those people I say...

triple face palm.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I didn't say Joe Rogen personally was enlightening (though he is a lot smarter then you think) but if you bothered to see any of his podcasts you would know he has a lot of those type of people on it. Like I said people like you apparently wouldn't like it because they can have a civil discussion weather they agree or not and don't just see who can yell the loudest and call each other names.
Ill tag along to this and say the joe rogan podcast is great, because since JR has hundreds or maybe thousands of relevant, or atleast focused people on, to have generally non biased conversations, and ~100m people listen in, it helps spread a good general message, which is to be open minded, dont take too many sides, stay curious, keep learning.

Joe isnt an expert in anything but judihtsu (sp?) and he is the first to say that, so whenever he opens his mouth about any other topic, you know he isn't spouting it like he knows he is right; he is speculating just like most of us. The important bit is, we need conversations to be/remain open. So yes, huge fan of JRE here, even though i dont care for kickboxing, hunting, and the carnivore diet, and am more open to trans issues than he is, doesnt mean i will discount him for being a human.

Aaand just to help cover my ass a bit, ill recommend a few other podcast/ers which tend to be more intellectual. Bret weinsteein, sam harris, daniel schmachtenberger, rich roll... i tend to mostly listen to JRE when he has intellectuals and scientists on vs comedians, atheletes and movie stars.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Ill tag along to this and say the joe rogan podcast is great, because since JR has hundreds or maybe thousands of relevant, or atleast focused people on, to have generally non biased conversations, and ~100m people listen in, it helps spread a good general message, which is to be open minded, dont take too many sides, stay curious, keep learning.

Joe isnt an expert in anything but judihtsu (sp?) and he is the first to say that, so whenever he opens his mouth about any other topic, you know he isn't spouting it like he knows he is right; he is speculating just like most of us. The important bit is, we need conversations to be/remain open. So yes, huge fan of JRE here, even though i dont care for kickboxing, hunting, and the carnivore diet, and am more open to trans issues than he is, doesnt mean i will discount him for being a human.

Aaand just to help cover my ass a bit, ill recommend a few other podcast/ers which tend to be more intellectual. Bret weinsteein, sam harris, daniel schmachtenberger, rich roll... i tend to mostly listen to JRE when he has intellectuals and scientists on vs comedians, atheletes and movie stars.
Its Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I am a black belt in said art, the gentle art. Consisting of joint locks and chokes. Hence my screen name "all choked up" ( and I'm a cry baby)

IanCH

Autocross Champion
I enjoy the jre podcast when it's an interesting guest or some of the comedians and actors.

BUT, I have one problem with Rogan. He has a very bad habit of representing the viewpoints of his most recent few guests as either his own or the truth. This leads to some periods where he swings wildly between super liberal viewpoints (his own proclaimed stance behind it all) to super right wing conspiracy and most dangerously towards medically false information around the environment and general health.

I just wish he would spend a bit more time between sessions fact checking the things his guests tell him a bit. Other than that he's a great host and I really enjoy almost all of his episodes.