GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Back to the SCAMdemic...all the mask mandates aren't doing shit.
But somehow SWEDEN with nearly no mask usage is doing better than everyone?
View attachment 192449
FB_IMG_1605300442394.jpg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Back to the SCAMdemic...all the mask mandates aren't doing shit.
But somehow SWEDEN with nearly no mask usage is doing better than everyone?
View attachment 192449

You post a pretty graph but no link?

Here I’ll post one but I’ll put the article here so you don’t have to click on it

You've heard it countless times: Sweden kept its COVID-19 curve flat without lockdowns or other major restrictions, and without damaging its economy. The U.S. and other countries should follow its lead, we're told.

Baloney.

Let's take a look at those claims, along with how Sweden really did in comparison with the U.S. and other nations:

"It kept its death rate down." Not really, no matter how you look at it. Case fatality rate? 6.1%, versus 2.8% in the U.S. (the White House likes this statistic because it makes us look relatively good). But that's a poor metric for international comparisons, since it's driven not only by cause-of-death identification, but also by policies on testing that vary markedly by country. How about COVID-19 deaths per million population? It's 582 in Sweden, not much better than the 596 in Italy, despite that country's early horror, and only somewhat better than the U.S.'s 650. Sweden has the world's 14th worst rate of COVID deaths (out of 214) on the basis of population. Sweden's neighbors, meanwhile, imposed more restrictions on people and businesses and their death rates have been far lower.

"Sweden didn't shut schools and businesses." Yes and no. Restaurants and bars were allowed to remain open, but only for customers seated at tables or bar counters (i.e., no standing and drinking), and were required to take other steps to maintain distancing. Soccer matches continued but with no fans allowed, and a plan to reopen stadiums was pulled back this week. High schools were closed for in-person learning until August, as were colleges and universities, and the latter have mostly reopened with a mix of online and in-person classes.

"The country's economy didn't suffer like others' have." Sorry, Sweden took a big economic hit just like everyone else. Its gross domestic product declined 8.3%in Q2 versus Q1; in the U.S., our GDP fell 9.0% over the same period. (Numbers for Q3 aren't out yet.) Sweden's unemployment rate went up 2.2 percentage points from February to August, albeit less than the 4.9-point gain seen in the U.S. -- a difference that, in part, also reflects the two countries' dissimilar economic models.

"Nobody has to wear a mask in Sweden." True. So what? Since the country has performed worse than most in keeping its death toll down, one could argue that was a big mistake. (The Swedish health ministry still maintainsthat "the scientific evidence around the effectiveness of face masks in combatting the spread of infection is unclear," in a statement last updated in August.)

It's also worth noting that, while Sweden in general has issued fewer mandates than some other nations and U.S. states, the government has consistently and loudly pushed the need for voluntary social distancing, and its leaders have not ever made light of COVID-19's seriousness or suggested it would just go away on its own, unlike some we could name.

One point in Sweden's favor is that while new cases haven't gone away (about 500 per day recently, up noticeably from a nadir in early September, and more than twice per capita than in the U.S.), it has been reporting just one or two deaths most days since late July. That's a (very crude) case fatality rate of 0.4%, versus about 1.75% in the U.S. on the same basis.

Reasons for the difference aren't clear. Sweden's testing policy focuses on symptomatic cases and contact tracing. While the latter is considerably more robust than in the U.S., thus increasing the number of asymptomatic cases diagnosed, it wouldn't explain the fourfold discrepancy in case fatality. Perhaps Swedish healthcare is generally superior; or its COVID death toll is undercounted; or Americans are unhealthier overall; or the COVID deniers' favorite, the U.S. overcounts deaths. Data on excess deaths, however, indicate the lethality gapis real. Maybe someday we won't need to guess at why.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/89017

Corprin

Autocross Champion
What is the next Zrickety post?!?

1) Trump trying to spin the vaccine release as his doing?

Or:

2) North Carolina Being called for Trump, but denying the calls for AZ and GA because his cult told him so.

Get your bets in boys.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

zrickety

The Fixer
What is the next Zrickety post?!?

1) Trump trying to spin the vaccine release as his doing?
But the vaccine release is his doing? He's still the President, has been all year.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
But the vaccine release is his doing? He's still the President, has been all year.

For a “top ten in my class and member of the NHS” you seem to not clearly understand the difference between correlation and causation. Trump did fuck all to get the vaccine on the street.

What exactly were you “in the top ten” of your class for, a BS in interpretive right wing deep state conspiracy dance theory?

You’re a barista, aren’t you?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
For a “top ten in my class and member of the NHS” you seem to not clearly understand the difference between correlation and causation. Trump did fuck all to get the vaccine on the street.

What exactly were you “in the top ten” of your class for, a BS in interpretive right wing deep state conspiracy dance theory?

You’re a barista, aren’t you?
Trusting him to make a decent latte is giving him a lot of credit. Walmart greeter is my guess

zrickety

The Fixer
I've worn many hats, but Walmart greeter and barista are not among them.
I did make Crispani for Panera Bread in college though. It was a great job. They're bringing them back...