GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Im not a hog hunter, in fact I dont hunt at all, but a bunch of friends shoot at hog in the area. From what I hear 6.5 is nasty (in a good way) and so is a 300 Blackout (supersonic)

6.5 @ about a buck a round...thats pricey! I bet you could get those down to about .40 if you reload them.

Agreed on price, but reloading could definitely help that.

I need to get back into shooting and reloading. I've reloaded ever since I was a kid. It's a great hobby, and with the savings, makes it easier to justify shooting more ;)

Sent from my iHipster

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Agreed on price, but reloading could definitely help that.

I need to get back into shooting and reloading. I've reloaded ever since I was a kid. It's a great hobby, and with the savings, makes it easier to justify shooting more ;)

Sent from my iHipster

You should! and folks should learn how to reload! Sometimes its hard to justify if you dont shoot all that much, but its still a fun hobby. Taking notes at the range and labeling every lot of ammo is pretty interesting when you analyze the results. I costed it out to include the equipment, so I think my brake even point was like 3500K rounds of 300 blackout (thats when blackout was over a dollar a round)

The cool part is you can tailor your rounds to your firearm and target. I made some super hot 5.56 based off the Black Hills Mk262 for less then 1/2 price.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
You should! and folks should learn how to reload! Sometimes its hard to justify if you dont shoot all that much, but its still a fun hobby. Taking notes at the range and labeling every lot of ammo is pretty interesting when you analyze the results. I costed it out to include the equipment, so I think my brake even point was like 3500K rounds of 300 blackout (thats when blackout was over a dollar a round)

The cool part is you can tailor your rounds to your firearm and target. I made some super hot 5.56 based off the Black Hills Mk262 for less then 1/2 price.

Hell yeah, man. My dad and I used to reload "custom" shotgun shells for all of our guns.

Sent from my iHipster

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Im not a hog hunter, in fact I dont hunt at all, but a bunch of friends shoot at hog in the area. From what I hear 6.5 is nasty (in a good way) and so is a 300 Blackout (supersonic)

6.5 @ about a buck a round...thats pricey! I bet you could get those down to about .40 if you reload them.

I was looking at the 300 blk but it just doesn't carry good velocity. Its more suited for CQB shooting i.e. military combat. It packs a serious punch though. Ideally I would like a 6.8 spc or a 6.5 creedmoor but that is an ar10 round

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
You would have to be pretty damn accurate and very lucky to take down a hog with a single .223 round. At 77 grain max it wont do much damage.

It's been done with 75 grain Hornady T2 bullets loaded to 5.56 pressure. Ask me how I know. ;)

OTOH, the next investment I am planning on going with will be a 8.3" or 8.5" suppressed .300 blackout. That would make a decent self-defense weapon with subsonic rounds and a nuisance animal hunter with standard rounds. :D

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
It's been done with 75 grain Hornady T2 bullets loaded to 5.56 pressure. Ask me how I know. ;)

OTOH, the next investment I am planning on going with will be a 8.3" or 8.5" suppressed .300 blackout. That would make a decent self-defense weapon with subsonic rounds and a nuisance animal hunter with standard rounds. :D

Yeah the 300BLK is a toss up for me. Its got some serious punch but it would only be for close range. For home defense it doesn't get much better!

ronmexico

Ready to race!

8.5" 300 AAC Noveske :) For sure worth going though the process for it!

[/URL][/IMG]

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Anyone here have any experience with Kahr arms, CCW or otherwise?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Anyone here have any experience with Kahr arms, CCW or otherwise?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My uncle has a CW9. I like the trigger on it and I am fairly accurate with it at 10 yards or less. The factory sights may take some getting used to because they are different from what most are accustomed to.

I sometimes toy with the idea of getting a PM9 for pocket carry.