GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
i'm intrigued. are there guns for rent at gun range? do i need a certification of sort? i am a total noob so take it easy.

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
i'm intrigued. are there guns for rent at gun range? do i need a certification of sort? i am a total noob so take it easy.

Varies from gunshop to gunshop. Some will let you rent some guns and let you experience them. Certification varies from state to state, and I remember Illinois as being very unfriendly to guns. In my state, as long as you aren't a felon or have a misdemeanor for domestic violence, you are fine. I had to lie on mine however, not about those crimes, but about my illicit drug use.

Zach84

Ready to race!
You lucky bastards, in New York its next to impossible to get a hand gun permit never mind a CC.

A CC yes, but a regular permit is easy. It is just a lengthy process. I live on Long Island, Suffolk county and got mine within 4 months.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion

yeah illinois is a very unfriendly gun state. but over at the local gun range i go to, they offer any gun to rent for 10 bux. and you have to of course buy THEIR ammo. all you have to do is give them your ID and a credit card and they let you use it. thats how ive discovered the guns i have. check it out mangg.:thumbsup:

Zach84

Ready to race!
Winning. Thanks, Bender!

So, there's an XD(M) .40 for sale here used at 275 cash. I've looked it over and it seems fine. The price seems too good. I didn't get to shoot it but I took it apart. Anyone have some insight?

Price is great. Take off the backstrap and check to make sure it is not cracked where the pin holds the backstrap to the gun. It was a common problem on the beginning runs on these guns.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Ill whore out some of my collection :)

Glock 19c Ported Barrel/Ported Slide w/ XDS .45

Glock 19c with more protection on the hanger:

Top: Springfield Highly Modified Bottom: Springfield Champion Highly Modified

My First AR Pistol Build:

My girl, who i would put money on will out shoot 95% of you hands down with a g26 threaded and extended barrel, lasermax guide rod

Close up:

Top: Glock 19 Middle: That lovely springer again Bottom: Glock 26

Deep Carry (SW Bodyguard):

Time for a big boy to come play:

HK USP .45 Compact Tactical with goodies

Guess the pocket guns for internet points:

One more for good measure ;)

shotguns, hunting rifles, and .22's are boring pictures so ill leave them out ha

Last edited:

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
Please forgive my ignorance, and I understand the whole hobby thing, but why would you have so many similar guns? I have one cc and one home defense. Again, I might be missing the point, but its like you bought 5 gtis.

Bender1

Banned
Please forgive my ignorance, and I understand the whole hobby thing, but why would you have so many similar guns? I have one cc and one home defense. Again, I might be missing the point, but its like you bought 5 gtis.

Its more like one GTI, one Miata, one Mustang, one TT-RS, and one S4. Sure they are all "sports cars," but they are so vastly different you really can't lump them together.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion

Well to break it down simply...guns are tools man, why would i want to buy a bunch of random tools, or buy tools that i know are going to be dead nuts reliable and can train with and be 100% confident with...also having a lot of the same gun or similar style guns means less training i have to provide to members of my family for if ever the instances were needed...

Im not a tinfoil wearing hat type of person, i just believe in preparedness and that bad things happen everyday everywhere at anytime, and if that time comes i want to know i am going to handle a situation and protect my loved ones at all cost...Consider it a sheepdog to the sheep analogy

I have 3 G19's, G17, G34, (all glocks all 9mm)..

Multiple 1911's (if you knew much about guns you know or could see the dollars signs sitting in those pictures right there, a quality 1911 is a solid investment and is not going to depreciate much value, as well as some of my higher end collection)

I have multiple black rifles (AR's) well if you ever shot one and trained with one you would understand how one can have many...

With your mindset, maybe having a bunch of the same gun is crazy, but in my mind not at all

edit: Bender, another solid input, as stated they all are choosen for various reason that day of carry, what clothes im wearing, where am i going? Have i recently trained with the weapon (dry or hot)? what vehicle am i taking, which holster do i need to carry or wear for the various situations i may or may not encounter...the list goes on

I buy handguns for personal protection and a few for investment, you have the mindset 1 tool does all, I like specific tools for specific situations

Last edited:

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
Springfield's interior is much nicer though. :)

Really though? 3 of each glocks? More power to you friend, but we are obviously in different mind states and pay rates.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Springfield's interior is much nicer though. :)

Really though? 3 of each glocks? More power to you friend, but we are obviously in different mind states and pay rates.

I Have 3 G19s, but only 1 G17, and 1 G34 sorry im not that boss...

Ya totally different state of mind i guess, i was preparing for CC prior to turning 21...I had handguns before 21 (gifted from my father, perfectly legal here in PA, and in PA you dont need a LTCF to open carry unless in Philly aka city limits, not that i carried prior to 21)

but im 23 now and take it quite serious, you know how car's are a lifestyle for some people (apart of mine), but taking the HIGH responsibility of carrying a weapon is something that is truly my lifestyle...