GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

There is hope. BRZ STI

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Fingers crossed for the last time,with TRD.Because Subaru did not do anything with the upcoming JDM only versionn Link

Yeah the tS model STIs are a tease. This information is coming direct from the chief engineer of the 86 though, so it carries some weight.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Non-intercooled Innovate kit? He's probably putting down 220 whp on 93, if that. I know it's one of the cheaper FI solutions, but if you're spending $3k anyway, why not spend a little more for a Vortech kit that will give you 250 whp or a Full-Blown turbo that will get you to 300 whp on 93?

Maybe once Innovate releases its intercooled SC, I'll change my mind on it, but who knows how much that will cost.

Yeah it's the innovate kit, he made 240 on E85, it does need an inter cooler badly. I tried to talk him into turbo, but he's a former lightning owner and loves roots/screw blowers.

I really though he would be faster than my GTI after driving his...maybe it's just all the extra torque messing with my head. I think the best part of the innovate kit is the way it puts the power down, zero lag, intant throttle response. It makes it very easy to put the power down on corner exit. Even if the numbers are less than impressive.

I'm trying to talk him into doing a track day with me before the season is over, I think he'll pull on me on every corner, but I still think I can make up the difference on the straights.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yeah it's the innovate kit, he made 240 on E85, it does need an inter cooler badly. I tried to talk him into turbo, but he's a former lightning owner and loves roots/screw blowers.

I really though he would be faster than my GTI after driving his...maybe it's just all the extra torque messing with my head. I think the best part of the innovate kit is the way it puts the power down, zero lag, intant throttle response. It makes it very easy to put the power down on corner exit. Even if the numbers are less than impressive.

I'm trying to talk him into doing a track day with me before the season is over, I think he'll pull on me on every corner, but I still think I can make up the difference on the straights.

Haha he'd have been better off listening to you. I don't really understand the obsession with superchargers on this car. Imagine if he'd gone with a turbo. Here's a local guy who put a Full-Blown base kit (GT2871R) on his FR-S, tuned for e85, and hit 452whp. Ran a 12.2 @ 127 if I remember correctly. Costs a bit more than a SC, but you get so much more power in return.