GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Dealer Lists; Mod Friendly or UnFriendly - as reported by our members

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Maybe, but they have a guy working there with an MK5 and I believe he may be all the way down on a set of Konis, and I remember him saying the techs did a majority of his work.

Their reason for not doing my alignment was, 'the ride height of the car was uneven all the way around.' My immediate response was, the measurement was perfect, I even checked it myself. Additionally, the garage (BanchWerks) that installed them also triple checked their work! I asked them if they measured themselves, and they denied and still refused my alignment.

This was awhile back, but I had a reputable tuning shop install and adjust my coilovers. I went to the dealership to see how they'd react to mods, and they failed the test..

Sorry for your bad experience man. But other than the fact that they couldnt accommodate your car in their alignment set up, did they refuse service due to any other mechanical mods?

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
New Century VW Glendale CA,

you can add them as a bunch of phuck sticks. wanted to void my warranty when I had my TDI because I had an intake. fuck them.

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
New Century VW Glendale CA,

you can add them as a bunch of phuck sticks. wanted to void my warranty when I had my TDI because I had an intake. fuck them.

Added

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
We need a list of VW dealerships with IDIOT/INCOMPETENT MECHANICS. Anyone care to start one?

zrickety

The Fixer
Easier to figure out which dealers have good techs, that will be a very short list.

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion

KyleA

Passed Driver's Ed
VW of Old Saybrook in Connecticut. Service Manager is a total Gearhead. Had a GIAC tune on my MK5 and never had an issue with them.

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
VW of Old Saybrook in Connecticut. Service Manager is a total Gearhead. Had a GIAC tune on my MK5 and never had an issue with them.
Added

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Jim Ellis in Kennesaw, GA wanted to start doing APR flashes so I would guess they are mawd friendly.

Fantasiamon

Passed Driver's Ed
Prestige VW, in Stamford, CT is and APR Dealer. That's all I know.

Had my 10,000 mile done at Prestige, CT (where I bought my JSW) and they loved all the mods. No issues, only thumbs up.

They also had a sweet modded R for sale in the showroom so pretty sure they're mod friendly.

No warranty work done yet so if anyone out there can confirm no issues with any warranty stuff that would probably be a good full mod friendly confirmation.

Sent using TapaTapaTalkeeTalk

bluescreenofwin

Ready to race!
Commonwealth VW in Santa Ana, California. Was referred there by another member here that grenaded his DSG and they warrantied it despite his mods.

As for me personally having experience there: I took my car in on Monday for a coolant leak and turns out I had a bad water pump. Got it replaced no fuss under the power train warranty. I have suspension and engine mods and a tune.