GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your last car?

spb1968

Passed Driver's Ed
1994 Mercedes E500. Part of the "500 E" line built (for US) 92, 93, 94. It's unfair/comparing apples to oranges, but as much as I love my GTI, there are few sedans (cars for that matter) that can touch the 500 E! When Porsche engineers get together with Mercedes engineers--and money is no object--the result is spectacular. Hand built by Porsche for Mercedes on the same line that produced the 959, you get the prototype for today's "supersedans."

But I do love the shadow blue GTI! Warranty, scheduled maintenance (for what it's worth/ a few oil changes), FWD, great mileage, and a blast to drive. Miss the "velvet hammer" of the E500, though, even with APR Stage 1!!!!

Last edited:

ShahulX

Ready to race!
1995 Honda Civic CX
1999 Honda Civic SiR (Stolen)
2000 Honda Civic SiR
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
2010 VW GTI (First non jap car, will be here in june)

nice, the Mk6 was my 1st non japanese car as well (fwiw I dont think they like the term "jap")

1964 Pontiac Tempest
1984 Chevy Camaro Z28 L69
1982 Chevy Camaro Z28 Pace Car
1982 Toyota Corolla
1996 Honda Prelude Si
1993 Honda Prelude VTEC (totaled)
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
2000 Honda Prelude
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
2007 BMW 335i E90
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X (shop car)
2008 Alpine White BMW 135i
2008 Lancer Evolution X (current)

Awesome list:thumbsup: love my evolutions (had 1 almost bought a 08 MR) and you got an E90, 135i, wrx wagon (I had a outback turbo manual wagon), 2 preludes (like me)

Artysta

Ready to race!
1993 Mazda mx3 precidia
1992 VW jetta TDI - TANK
1987 BMW 325i
1993 Volvo 850GLT
2005 Mazda 3 GT hatchback
2010 CW 2DR VW GTI :D:D

jayczer0one

Ready to race!
2006 - Toyota Yaris - great mpg car
2001 - BMW 2.5i Z3 MT - sporty yet economical - still have it
2010 - VW GTI 2.0 DSG - 1 week old.

gvyz

Passed Driver's Ed
1988 Honda accord LX 4dr
1991 Acura Legend 2dr
1999 Honda Civc EX 2dr
2004 Acura TSX
2006 Honda S2000
2008 G37S
2010 VW GTI 2dr

Overall, The Acura Legend, Honda S2000 and GTI are really impressive. I love the S2000 the most, then the GTI. But i might change my mind after I upgrade the ECU of the new GTI.

Why GTI ?
1. Although I still love S2000 because it just a super fun car to drive. The GTI performance is good even with stock turbo. If upgrade the ECU and the suspension, it should be a super fun car to drive.
2. The Gas mileage is very reasonable consider with this performance. I got around 22 - 25 mpg. I am still driving the G37S. The G37 is super fast, very high standard with all the option you can imagine. But it missing the spirit of the sport car. It just too heavy, no good to make quick turn/corner. beside the MPG is around 16-17 combine with highway and local. I don't miss the G37 at all.
3. Room. The GTI have enough room to put lots of stuff. I was thinking to get Honda Fit. But Fit is just a daily car. Not much fun to drive. For G37, the back truck is so small and the back seat is not the comfortable because of the lower top/roof. GTI interior is very nice especially the dash board area. I like it better than the G37. The only think I regret is my GTI doesn't have the leather seat. I should add this feature.

4. Price. I think GTI is at a very reasonable compare with the other car offer the same feature/ performance. The only think I worry is VW reliability.

After all the consideration above, GTI is the right choice and I am impress as of now.

newgtigeorge

Passed Driver's Ed
I traded in an '08 Mercedes Benz C-Class for a 2011 Candy White MK6 last month. I've driven Mercedes for years, yet I don't really feel that I traded down with the new car. Not only that, the GTI is way more fun. Fit and finish on this car is superb, and it looks like a fine piece of modern sculpture. This little car has more bang for the buck than anything out there!

Dee1

Passed Driver's Ed
Like this thread's OP, I traded in an Acura TSX -- mine a 2007 model -- for my new 2011 GTI.

While I liked the TSX quite a bit, two main reasons for the switch:

• Wanting a hatchback, to easily get a bicycle in and out (high-end bikes, they don't ride on car roofs)
  • Wanting a car that was fun to drive and handled well on the twisty, semi-rural back roads of the Hudson Valley
So, hatchback and handling? The answer was easy: VW GTI.

Dave, who misses three things from the Acura which are climate control and an anti-glare rearview mirror and power seats with memory but all of life is a tradeoff

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Last car driven is a Golf Mk5 1.4 FSI Laser Blue (same colour as the R20 - oh yeah!)

3. Last car owned is a Ford Focus Cmax 1.6 TDCi (115hp) but a lot of torque and she does fly on the motorway. Real joy to drive on long journeys being CVT gearbox and all. But no fun to work in town. Hoping to replace this with the R-Line! :happyanim:

1. Peuget 306 XR 1.6 w/sunroof - excellent drive apart from no aircon
2. Renault Megane Classic 1.4 98bhp - OZ rims, tinted windows, fog lights, cd changer, great engine, well missed sometimes but prob not when in the Golf ;)

citrin1893

Ready to race!
'05 Saab/Subaru (Saabaru) 9-2x aero. It handled like a go-cart but doesnt even compare to my gti, Im lovin every minute of it