GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where do you stash your pistol when you're driving?

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
One thing I definitely love about the state of Washington is the legally protected right to carry - anywhere. I exercise that right regularly and thankfully so far haven't needed it - but it's better to have and not need it than to need it and not have it.

But I digress.

I've been trying to find a relatively discreet yet easily accessible place to keep my pistol when in the car. The glove box is an obvious choice, but that's the problem - it's obvious. The driver's door is another good option - there is enough space to slide the weapon back so it isn't easily visible... But that makes it a pain to get to in a pinch. I've considered some sort of holster rigged under the seat, or potentially something on the side of the transmission tunnel. So I wanted to see what ideas and solutions others have come up with.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
no need to rig anything.

underseat drawers

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Oh damn. I forgot about those. Kinda expensive tho..

Last edited:

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
thats what I was thinking, even the passenger side one is easy to get to quickly

jwal

Ready to race!
I bought the seat drawers with that in mind but I am not fond of the draw stroke. It just barely fits a g19, spare mags, and a flashlight. I typically keep it holstered on my strong side. On long trips, I will tuck it between the center console and passenger seat bolster. Seems to hold pretty tight there. I will occasionally put it in my seat drawer.

If you are worried about people seeing it (when its between the seat) I have heard of people placing a hat over it.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
holster in the side pockets of the front doors. There should be plenty of space. Dark window tint will help as well.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
inb4 Anti's invade thread.

OP, I don't know the laws where you are but here in Cali if the gun isn't completely covered in the vehicle it's considered open carry. So say you put the holster between your seat bolster and center console, you will need to put something over it to cover it. That's just here though, Open carry was banned here. :(

Damn you hippies/commies!

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
its a good thing my mk7 came with underseat drawers, I might consider getting a gun for protection.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I keep on my person or in passenger seat under my jacket or papers or something. (IN Florida even with CCP you're supposed to keep it out of sight regardless.)