GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

who's got Neuspeed catback with 3" down pipe combo

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
i'm just trying to find out who out there has Neuspeed catback and 3" down pipe combo (any manufacturer 3" downpipe)??

i have the Neuspeed catback and the sound of it using just stock downpipe is amazing; but as of late i want to go stage 2 and looking around, reading on these forums but have never come across someone with the same catback that has an aftermarked 3" downpipe.

i just want to hear some opinions as to how the sound is; is it too lound, lots of DRONE (because if that's the case i'd rather NOT get a downpipe)

i also read about the Ultimate Racing downpipe, which comes with an optional resonator right after the cat which may quiet things down a bit.

so all opinions are welcomed.

I have CTS Turbo catless Downpipe + AWE tuning exhaust... VERY loud when you get on it.

Not sure if the Neuspeed exhaust has any muffler or resonators. If its resonated or has muffler, should be reasonable sounding

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
I have CTS Turbo catless Downpipe + AWE tuning exhaust... VERY loud when you get on it.

Not sure if the Neuspeed exhaust has any muffler or resonators. If its resonated or has muffler, should be reasonable sounding

that must sound really sexy... any sound clips?

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Any CBE's volume levels will go up significantly with a 3" downpipe. There are smaller downpipes that won't make it go quite as loud but no matter what ( catted or catless ) it'll definitely make an impact on volume.

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Unfortunately I have not had time to make flyby videos but here's some low speed, idle, and startup clips on my GLI.

First one was when I was GIAC Stage 2, the 2nd one was when I was DM F23T.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Neuspeed catback with Ultimate racing downpipe. (no resonator on downpipe tho.)

This was many setups ago and is an old video.

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
Neuspeed catback with Ultimate racing downpipe. (no resonator on downpipe tho.)

This was many setups ago and is an old video.

thx for the reply
so what kind of set up do you have now?? do you still have the Neuspeed catback?? or different catback now??

i'm still thinking about the Ultimate Racing downpipe, but with the optional RESONATOR, and hopefully it will not be as "loud"

did you find it too loud when you ran this set up?? although you did mention that your Ultimate Racing downpipe did NOT have the optional resonator

thx again

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
thx for the reply
so what kind of set up do you have now?? do you still have the Neuspeed catback?? or different catback now??

i'm still thinking about the Ultimate Racing downpipe, but with the optional RESONATOR, and hopefully it will not be as "loud"

did you find it too loud when you ran this set up?? although you did mention that your Ultimate Racing downpipe did NOT have the optional resonator

thx again

ive had a lot of UR downpipes, most with resonators. yes it was too loud for me, but most setups are. i like oem quiet. i have stock catback these days.

also had a vid with stock downpipe. you can compare them back to back.

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
ive had a lot of UR downpipes, most with resonators. yes it was too loud for me, but most setups are. i like oem quiet. i have stock catback these days.

also had a vid with stock downpipe. you can compare them back to back.

well i know how the stock downpipe sounds wiht the Neuspeed catback because that is my set up right now and for 8 months now.

i'm probably gonna get this Ultimate Racing downpipe with cat and resonator and fingers crossed it's NOT gonna be TOO loud.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
well i know how the stock downpipe sounds wiht the Neuspeed catback because that is my set up right now and for 8 months now.

i'm probably gonna get this Ultimate Racing downpipe with cat and resonator and fingers crossed it's NOT gonna be TOO loud.

most people with the neuspeed catback love the sound. i think i've had 3 of them. maybe only 2..

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i would almost buy another Neuspeed catback, even knowing its too loud. its just a beautiful piece with perfect fitment.

but the best sounding catback i ever heard and installed myself was an SPM. (triple muffler) I installed it for someone else, and it was a lot better fitting than they used to be.