GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Dealer Lists; Mod Friendly or UnFriendly - as reported by our members

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Nice work; you should probably sort this by state to make your job and searching through it much easier as it grows. :thumbsup:

Yeah, thanks man...thats on the to do list....getting all those links to work was the first hurdle....

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Suburban VW - Waterford Hills, MI
Maple Hill Auto Group - Kalamazoo, MI

Thanks man. Added. I was out in your neck of the woods about 6 months ago...Battle Creek. Was just talkin' about Zazio's on here the other day.

Jaber

Modero
Everyone in Chicagoland area knows this dealer.

Autobarn in Mount Prospect IL. They're authorized APR dealer, their service techs encourage mods and cover warranty work with mods.

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Everyone in Chicagoland area knows this dealer.

Autobarn in Mount Prospect IL. They're authorized APR dealer, their service techs encourage mods and cover warranty work with mods.

Thanks, Added.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Just noticed this thread and would like to add my personal exp over the course of 3.5 yeras of ownership and numerous warranty issues while being modded..

My mods are: (2010 GTI)
Intake
APR Stage 1 (1 week after ownership so car has been tuned essentially since day 1)
Coilovers
Boost Guage
Noise Pipe Delete
Tons of VAGcom Mods
Various other small odds and ends

The ONLY dealership i go to and trust is North Penn VW in Colmar PA. They do not do tunes or offer tunes onsite but are one of the most mod friendly dealers i have come across..

Actually one of our very own members here is a service advisor and is the only person i will trust with my car in their hands as i know he will not screw me over and try to sell my un-needed service just to make a few bucks, and will work with you in anyway possible to make the problem right with little cost to the consumer.

His username is Project92raddoslc and his Name is Ken B, please feel free to shoot him a PM with any questions or concerns about your next service or warranty question.

Some of my warranty issues that were covered under warranty with my above mentioned mods:

1.Stuck #4 Injector
2.Intake Manifold X2 (thats right twice) second time was around the milage needed for carbon cleaning and was offered a deal couldnt pass up being that my intake was already off.
3.Throw out bearing (Clutch Kit Replaced)
4.Window Regulator Switch
5. probably missing a couple others but this is what i remember off the top of my head

As stated each of these services were covered under warranty and always had exceptional service when working with Ken at North Penn VW. If you personally want to reach out to me and inquire about any of these services performed please feel free to do so.

P.S i was upfront the first time i was in with the car that it is tuned, now it is always marked on my service paper that ECM is chipped, however, i do not have a TD1 code in the system (Could mean something)

Also, i believe this dealer is still family owned, and when buying my GTI from North Penn it was my best car buying exp i have ever been through (and ive had quite a few cars in my early days). Really value customer service.

Last edited:

SyDiko

Ready to race!
(7/14/2015 - Edited for Clarity, and update.)

VW Gallery, Norwood, Ma.

(2014-09-12)
- I had ST coilovers installed by an indy shop and adjusted to a pretty low ride height. The indy shop did not have alignment equipment at the time, so I took the car to VW Gallery in Norwood, MA, and they would not align the car. They made claims that the ride height was uneven all around, even though I explained that the measurements were quadruple checked.

(2015-07-07)

Current Mod List: CBE, Coilovers.
- Oil changed, and water pump covered under warranty at VW Gallery. Looks like they are a little more mod-friendly. YMMV! (No pun intended lol.)

Last edited:

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
VW Gallery, Norwood, Ma.
- Installed Coilovers, and they would not give me an alignment!

Their rack may not have supported how low your car is and they did not want to risk damage, questions i would have asked previously to pay a stealership for coilover install anyway...

call around your area and ask for an in ground alignment rack if your car is truly that low...

Jerin_L

Passed Driver's Ed
O'Steen VW in Jacksonville, FL has been mod friendly in my experience.

They are actually an APR dealer as well.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Riverhead VW is great - Mod friendly; they do APR tunes.
Huntington VW is great - Techs there are enthusiasts, I have connections there.

Smithtown VW is horrid - Good sales department, horrible service department. Always have an attitude and the service advisors are impatient and unwilling to work with you. I brought my car in for a small draft under the steering column and they blamed it on my red LED DeAutoKey footwell lights...

cobie56

Ready to race!

Smithtown VW is horrid - Good sales department, horrible service department. Always have an attitude and the service advisors are impatient and unwilling to work with you. I brought my car in for a small draft under the steering column and they blamed it on my red LED DeAutoKey footwell lights...

yeah,, duh.. we all know how footwell lights create horrible drafts... what idiots they are !

SyDiko

Ready to race!
what was their reason? is your car too low?

Maybe, but they have a guy working there with an MK5 and I believe he may be all the way down on a set of Konis, and I remember him saying the techs did a majority of his work.

Their reason for not doing my alignment was, 'the ride height of the car was uneven all the way around.' My immediate response was, the measurement was perfect, I even checked it myself. Additionally, the garage (BanchWerks) that installed them also triple checked their work! I asked them if they measured themselves, and they denied and still refused my alignment.

Their rack may not have supported how low your car is and they did not want to risk damage, questions i would have asked previously to pay a stealership for coilover install anyway...

call around your area and ask for an in ground alignment rack if your car is truly that low...

This was awhile back, but I had a reputable tuning shop install and adjust my coilovers. I went to the dealership to see how they'd react to mods, and they failed the test..

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Just noticed this thread and would like to add my personal exp over the course of 3.5 yeras of ownership and numerous warranty issues while being modded..

My mods are: (2010 GTI)
Intake
APR Stage 1 (1 week after ownership so car has been tuned essentially since day 1)
Coilovers
Boost Guage
Noise Pipe Delete
Tons of VAGcom Mods
Various other small odds and ends

The ONLY dealership i go to and trust is North Penn VW in Colmar PA. They do not do tunes or offer tunes onsite but are one of the most mod friendly dealers i have come across..

Actually one of our very own members here is a service advisor and is the only person i will trust with my car in their hands as i know he will not screw me over and try to sell my un-needed service just to make a few bucks, and will work with you in anyway possible to make the problem right with little cost to the consumer.

His username is Project92raddoslc and his Name is Ken B, please feel free to shoot him a PM with any questions or concerns about your next service or warranty question.

Some of my warranty issues that were covered under warranty with my above mentioned mods:

1.Stuck #4 Injector
2.Intake Manifold X2 (thats right twice) second time was around the milage needed for carbon cleaning and was offered a deal couldnt pass up being that my intake was already off.
3.Throw out bearing (Clutch Kit Replaced)
4.Window Regulator Switch
5. probably missing a couple others but this is what i remember off the top of my head

As stated each of these services were covered under warranty and always had exceptional service when working with Ken at North Penn VW. If you personally want to reach out to me and inquire about any of these services performed please feel free to do so.

P.S i was upfront the first time i was in with the car that it is tuned, now it is always marked on my service paper that ECM is chipped, however, i do not have a TD1 code in the system (Could mean something)

Also, i believe this dealer is still family owned, and when buying my GTI from North Penn it was my best car buying exp i have ever been through (and ive had quite a few cars in my early days). Really value customer service.

Added

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion

Hey Trev, thanks for stopping by....what town is Huntington VW in?