Sawwuce_Bawse 127
srtkr 108
GtImpulse 105

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
dat 7,813, doe.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
just sold that boost tap because I have too many other things I want to get before a gauge. My "want" list for this summer is at like $3500 right now, and I need to trim that down to about $2000. Will have to move a gauge to the "fall/early winter want list"
You need that american express card
Sweet, I made the list.
Feel VIP now.

dat 7,813, doe.
Probably over like 3 years though, you ever go back to the old posts when you were a newb and just laugh?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Sweet, I made the list.

Feel VIP now.

true. I cut it at 100.

You need that american express card

Probably over like 3 years though, you ever go back to the old posts when you were a newb and just laugh?

credit cards = mods :lol:

yeah, i do. I mean, a lot of stuff is similar to my Subie experience / learning shizz on nasioc, but def a lot of differences with euro cars/ VAG vehicles.

Are we having another round of feels today?

ninja feels?

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion
Just made my appointment at Autobarn City VW for my 20k service for this Saturday morning. Talked to Conrad about installing my DG springs. They initially quoted me $730 for spring install and alignment (insane, obviously). After talking to Conrad, I talked them down to $550 for spring install and alignment. Also getting a loaner car for the day.

Dem negotiating skillz doe.:D

Sidenote - City VW no longer does APR tunes. They did my Stage 1, but no mas.

Last edited:

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Ive used a light steel wool on the tips, it does work very well...however it does lose a lot of the shine from using this method. Perhaps, the polish will restore the shine from the scratches the steel wool causes.
I used #0000 steel wool on my SS Magnaflow tips. It did a great job and didn't really dull the shine much.

Yeah finding a rental property in the city with a garage in my price range pretty much doesn't exist.

Had a garage in the house I used to live in when I lived in the burbs, but I didn't have a nice enough car to park in it at that time.
Once we rented the first floor of a 2-flat in North Center and had a private 2 car garage included. Jackpot!

this^

that^

dang, doe.

this^

I believe there was a prior lawsuit by CVO, iirc. :iono: There was talk of thursday nights.

this/that^/how many sisters you got?/they hot?

cool starry bra.

oh no'ze. You dumping it for sure, Dave?! Getting the XT or? what is APR saying about everything?

this^ had mine done. dat TSB.

"guy had a GTI.. I kicked his ass in a race, but man... thinking about trading for one now... dat superior interior just blew my balls off."

will do, FAP WAP.

good^

gooder^

I had it done on my GTI, not sure on the A3 - well, didn't matter now that I think of it, K03 wasn't on there long, lol.

it may take longer than hour, depending on how far you drive to the dealer, as i believe they have to wait for shit to cool down before doing it.

YO, SON. WHAT IT BE?

Autobarn city or MP.

ohhhh, which one is that? I just thought EJ lost some weight or something.

YES'TH.

#car"clubs"

I did the same thing about 10 years ago.. WRX for my first STI.

+1
Holy shit.

old thread:

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 41,462

User Name Posts
GunKata 7,813
Muskie 5,721
rizzogti 3,716
intoflatlines 3,543
The Butcher 2,941
Scotty2Hotty 2,467
lamb110 1,827
michal 1,328
SkullV 1,285
DBESTGTI 913
TommyD 722
dubbinit2 668
shdwblugti 521
matt-mk6 510
g60_corrado_91 487
kulka89 457
Dmueller343 386
Krausen 383
Cadubya 359
miikez. 358
RoyB 352
BoostedVW11 301
EJBGTIVI 295
punchagoat 259
Jaber 257
Dybz 213
DasAuto1295 187
jay745 177
Ice2seeyou 172
boochi 161
APdubbin 161
06gsxr1000 155
grambles423 127
Sawwuce_Bawse 127
srtkr 108
GtImpulse 105
Holy shit.

I wish we could add in our posts from the sex lair. We probably had a couple thousand from there too.

Jaber

Modero
Just made my appointment at Autobarn City VW for my 20k service for this Saturday morning. Talked to Conrad about installing my DG springs. They initially quoted me $730 for spring install and alignment (insane, obviously). After talking to Conrad, I talked them down to $550 for spring install and alignment. Also getting a loaner car for the day.

Snaps. Good job. Let me know your opinion on the DG springs, in Chicagoland.

I'm going to ride out the stock suspension for a while, probably be one of the last things on my list.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

Sidenote - City VW no longer does APR tunes. They did my Stage 1, but no mas.

550 is still insane if you ask me. What happened to the dude in Indiana you were going to go to?

Also you'll be 2 blocks from my house if you're going over to city vw. You should stop by and we can do that thing, and I can undress your car with my eyes cuz I'm sure it'll be looking sexxxay once it's dropped.

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion
Snaps. Good job. Let me know your opinion on the DG springs, in Chicagoland.

I'm going to ride out the stock suspension for a while, probably be one of the last things on my list.

Will post before and after pics for sure. Was weary about getting springs after this god awful winter, but I figure DG springs are the safest bet in Chicago.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
How hard can springs be? Are these things coil overs/have to be compressed to put on the shock? I never even looked. Sounds like a mod day is in order to save yourself $400.

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion
550 is still insane if you ask me. What happened to the dude in Indiana you were going to go to?

Also you'll be 2 blocks from my house if you're going over to city vw. You should stop by and we can do that thing, and I can undress your car with my eyes cuz I'm sure it'll be looking sexxxay once it's dropped.

$550 is cool with me given I won't have to worry about warranty issues with dealer install, and I'll have a loaner car all day to run errands and what not. Dude in Indiana is a good deal, but I'd have to get an alignment done afterwards anyway. They'll also be installing my wastegate rattle clip so there's that, which is nice.

Convenience ftw. I'll give you a buzz post install.

Status
Not open for further replies.