GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Thumper

Help me choose a vanity plate

Inspired by the Vanity Plate Translations thread and bored at work this week going to solicit the assistance of our great community to help steer me. I have two cars needing plates, the TTRS and the Allroad. I already have a plate with my last name and my racing number on the R (which also has...
  2. Thumper

SOLD: OEM Non-LED Tail lights MK6 GTI

SOLD Hey, cleaning out the basement and came across these gathering dust in a box. These were removed from a 2012 GTI early in 2012 and then stored in a box, they have less than 3000 miles on them so they are basically brand new. Figure someone may just need them to keep an old daily on the...
  3. Thumper

FOR SALE: EBC Yellow Front + Rear, brand new - MK6 Golf R -

Brand new in box. Asking $230 $200 shipped in the lower 48. SEALED
  4. Thumper

Anyone know anything about Mishimoto radiators?

Funny thing is in my search I found a thread from zef where he bought an ECS one a couple years back because Mishimoto made an intercooler but no rad at the time. At my timing service they found the radiator was leaking so obviously a sign to upgrade the cooling right? Haven't had any issues...
  5. Thumper

FS: BBS CH 026 Matte Black w/Polished Lip - 19x8 ET50 w/SHIPPING - SOLD

Finally got the old bald tires removed from these so they are now for sale. I confirmed with BBS the casting number for the specs on the wheel so those are accurate. Wheels have TPMS sensors installed, no idea if they work as the 2012 did not have direct TPMS. One wheel was repaired by a...
  6. Thumper

FEELER: Used APR Cat back exhaust system - MK6 Golf R - $400

I am planning on redoing my exhaust partly because I like a bit more growl and partly because I need to remove restriction. I'm going back and forth on being lazy and just buying OTS this time, Milltek sounds good in clips, maybe a 42DD, but I am also considering going custom like I did with...
  7. Thumper

REVIEW: BSH Throttle Pipe Versus Neuspeed Throttle Pipe

I got a BSH Throttle Pipe to upgrade my R, running at Stg 3 this is really a no brainer and needed to be done as the OEM pancake is a massive restriction. I had used the BSH on my GTI build and worked fine, I liked the design where it uses a threaded plug to block the DV/noise pipe outlet...
  8. Thumper

I'm bored, let's fight about oil

Well, not fight, but just got thinking and noticed something. I've been a long time Castrol fan (since 1995) with the exception of a short 10 year stint using Mobil 1. Evidently VAG has dropped Castrol as factory fill and so consequently Castrol is not even bothering to make as many flavors...
  9. Thumper

How many folks from Idaho?

I'm guessing this is where Idaho regional would be, hopefully not over in the Northwest section. ;) In MO now but looks like we'll be moving to Boise next year. Looks like there's just one VW/Audi dealer so hopefully they are good to deal with. The only APR tuner I could find looks like they...
  10. Thumper

FS: GFB DV+ -NIB- ***SOLD***

Bought this but then decided to go with the TURBOSMART DV. Never been used, opened the box to look at it and check contents. Asking $120 shipped to lower 48 US. SOLD
  11. Thumper

Castrol Edge Supercar - Let's get some thoughts and ideas

At my last track day seemed to be burning a bit of oil, had to add half a quart although I didn't check it right before so could have been accumulated over the previous weeks of daily commute. Anyway, getting ready to do the oil change before heading back to the track this month and the last...
  12. Thumper

Thumper's 2012 Stg 3 Golf R - The Defiant

After 5 years out of the MK6 platform I am back. I had a 2012 4dr GTI I bought new and built into a Stg 2 trackday runabout, after 3 years with it I moved to CO and wanted to upgrade to AWD. The '15 Rs were all ordered up and my dealer made me a stupid good deal on a S3 but it just didn't...
  13. Thumper

DRL non-op Diagnosis

So I recently came back to the Mk6 fold picking up a 2012 Golf R, previous owner had the DRLs turned off in MFI, however checking the box did not activate them (though it did cause the "DRL" light in the dash to illuminate when disengaging the parking brake with headlights off). I checked the...
  14. Thumper

FS - Genuine Ross-Tech Micro-CAN interface

SOLD - FS - Genuine Ross-Tech Micro-CAN interface Used numerous times for myself and several members, in like new condition. Doesn't work with the Touareg I just got to tow my TTRS, so it's available for another forum member. Rather it goes to a member than sent back to Ross Tech for credit...
  15. Thumper

FS: (NEW) CoolingMist Stage 1 Methanol Deluxe kit + TB plate

SOLD - (NEW) CoolingMist Stage 1 Methanol Deluxe kit + TB plate So I bought this a LONG time ago planning to get into the WM scene with the GTI. Other projects and issues kept it from getting done and then I kinda lost it after the move a few years ago. LOL I finally found it cleaning up...
  16. Thumper

FS: VMR 721s in Sunken Treasure 19x9.5 ET45

For sale are my VMR 721s powder coated in Sunken Treasure. These are gorgeous wheels, pictures don't really do the color justice. In direct sunlight they are jaw dropping, if you are looking for that final touch to make your build stand out and be unique.......these are it and will turn heads...
  17. Thumper

2012 Golf R APR Stg 3 at a dealer in Denver.....

I'm double posting here and in the main forum just for better visibility. So, I was just bumming around the internet and stumbled on a 2012 Golf R......with a Stg 3 APR kit.....for sale down in Denver. So, did anyone here trade this car in? LOL Love to hear why....and what they got into...
  18. Thumper

Stg 3 Golf R for sale in Denver

I'm double posting here and in regional just for better visibility. So, I was just bumming around the internet and stumbled on a 2012 Golf R......with a Stg 3 APR kit.....for sale. So, did anyone here trade this car in? LOL Love to hear why....and what they got into instead.
  19. Thumper

FS: "Pursuit Mode" button

FS: "Pursuit Mode" button - SOLD Ok folks, this is an awesome mod, just never did it. I was going to wire this up for the ON/OFF on my meth injection, but never got around to installing it.* This installs into the blanks position in front of the shifter with where the TCS switch is. It looks...
  20. Thumper

FS: Hatch "VW" emblem (Black)

FS: {SOLD} Hatch "VW" emblem (Black) Never installed, was going to paint CSG for contrast, just never got to it after painting the factory one as a test. SOLD