GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. zrickety

Christmas presents for your mk6

What's everyone getting?? My Bilsteins are more or less shot so new suspension on the way. I had Koni yellows on the last car, going to give these a try. Also going to swap out Eibach pro springs for VWR (Drivergear) I've had on the shelf. Like the linear rate springs better.
  2. zrickety

Cranks, turns over, no start. No EPC or CEL lights.

Had an intermittent no start condition today. Seems like the ECU/PCM wasn't getting power, I had other lights but no EPC or CEL came on. Cranks fine and wouldn't start. After 5 or 6 key on, key off attempts they lit up and it started. Drove fine, made it home and it restarts without issue...
  3. zrickety

Cleaning out the garage...PM me with wants. Everything must go.

Hi guys. Have the whole kit and kabooodle for mkv, mk6 golfs, jettas and GTIs. I have button kits, suspension parts, wheels, tires, everything must go. Not selling my car, just taking on a new project. PM me with what you need, thanks.
  4. zrickety

Oil Pressure Gauges

I'm curious who is running a gauge and what kind of warm readings you're getting?? Surely some of you track guys like @jay745 are running one (but not Jay lol). I recently installed a mechanical gauge, but only because I was getting random low oil pressure readings (not hard right turn related)...
  5. zrickety

Overheating...it's not water pump, thermostat, radiator or fans - SOLVED

Long story short, I was at autox a couple weeks ago and the car overheated at the end of the run. I have replaced the water pump, thermostat, radiator, and both fans are working. The car still runs good...when it's cold. I'm not getting any mixing of oil/coolant but it wants to sit at 237...
  6. zrickety

GOLFMKX2022 - We Survived The Apocalypse Tail Of The Dragon Meet

Event Admission = $0 https://tailofthedragon.com/events/ We could just join one of the 'car enthusiast' rallies, right? Potentially June 17-19 July 15-17 July 22-24 Audi Club August 12-14 August 19-21 Eurofest Camping nearby at Toqua Campground or similar Tentative Schedule Friday 6:30p Drive...
  7. zrickety

SOLD: Wortec Oil Pan 2.0T

Increased cooling and capacity. Lightly used, has been sitting on the shelf. Save over new. Edit- installed on the car, no longer for sale.
  8. zrickety

FS: Sachs Performance SMF flywheel and clutch kit

This is a slightly used Sachs kit I bought for my GTI. Moving on to a Mini Cooper project and will never get to use this. It is complete minus the throwout bearing. Lots of meat on the disc. The guy had a squeaky bearing and bought an ACT SMF kit to upgrade, he didn't know the car had the Sachs...
  9. zrickety

Fault code 01309 - Power Steering Control Module (J500)

I have a new problem. We had a power outage last night, and I have this big power inverter. I disconnected the battery to hook up the inverter, when I powered up the car I had this fault. Driving it and clearing the code didn't work. I disconnected the battery again and removed the inverter...
  10. zrickety

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

Off-topic, anything goes right? Since I 'don't have privileges' to post in the other thread, I will start my own. **CAUTION** Thread contains satire. **WARNING** Subject matter is CURRENT EVENTS, including news and opinions. Everyone is free to speak. If you are not capable of listening to...
  11. zrickety

FS: UB unibrace

I have a red UB. Came with superficial scratches, does not affect the structure. If you don't have one, you need this. Even better paired with the XB. $300 shipped OBO
  12. zrickety

Internet outage

Just want to say kudos to the site admins...you are still up while much of the world is down at the moment. My kids Nintendo services are down, along with many websites.
  13. zrickety

MK8 and MK1 GTI

Didn't see this posted...pretty cool. https://www.motor1.com/news/402795/volkswagen-golf-gti-8-commercial/
  14. zrickety

Shifter play on transmission side (manual)

So I did the linkage adjustment today. There was significant play on that top shaft of the transmission. Is it the cast piece that has worn or the case shaft? It was really hard to tell. I was able to take out the slop with a large washer, but I'm wondering if anyone has replaced that cast...
  15. zrickety

MFactory Helical LSD for DSG transmission *NIB*

Treat your car this Christmas and save some money! Purchased earlier this year, this has just been sitting in my dining room. Helical limited slip differential the Honda and BMW crowd swear by. I've just sold the car and won't get to install it. Only opened for inspection and pictures. EDIT-...
  16. zrickety

Rebuilding a 2.0 TSI after timing failure at 173k *ON A BUDGET* (less than $1k spent) - And Then Balance Shafts 2 Years Later

*DISCLAIMER- Every engine failure is unique. You may find more or less damage than I've encountered. This is by no means a comprehensive guide, but rather documenting what I find, and fix. You may opt to do additional work beyond the scope of this rebuild. At the time of this posting, a used...
  17. zrickety

FS: OEM downpipe for 2.0 GTI

$50. Came from a perfect 09 2.0 TSI GTI should fit 2010-2014. Includes cat and 2 sensors. I'm south of Atlanta but travel to Florida etc. Shipping at buyer expense. I hope someone can use it or it will go to the dump.
  18. zrickety

Ticking noise, bent spark plugs SOLVED

I think I found the source of the ticking noise. I replaced the intake manifold (P2015) and a large chunk of plastic was missing from between a couple ports. Something that goes over the flapper shaft. There was also considerable wear on the head where this piece was obviously moving around...
  19. zrickety

Intake manifold- plates in the head

So my manifold finally broke, I'm swapping it now. Has anyone tried running without the plates in the intake ports on the head? I would think it would flow a little better.
  20. zrickety

Camshaft adjuster magnet

Anyone have experience with this? I believe this is the source of my loud ticking noise. Would it cause the occasional stumble or misfire? It it worth cleaning or should I just swap it out?