GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Been about 2 months since I've got my GTI

GTmyI

Ready to race!
My Wife drives a Hyundai Elantra 2009 which got hit by a speed bicycle on the rear quarter panel and scratches and dent on the rear door as well. That along costed $4000 with parts and labor.

In your case like some of the other said, side air bags, wheel, may be suspension and whole branch of other shit

And don't forget, labour is always the most expensive part. Looks like at least 60 hrs worth + job. thats like $4l-$5K

How much did you bought the car for? I thought if it cost more then a certain percentage of your car... they just totalled it.. Again I am not sure

spiker369

on air, don't care
My Wife drives a Hyundai Elantra 2009 which got hit by a speed bicycle on the rear quarter panel and scratches and dent on the rear door as well. That along costed $4000 with parts and labor.

In your case like some of the other said, side air bags, wheel, may be suspension and whole branch of other shit

And don't forget, labour is always the most expensive part. Looks like at least 60 hrs worth + job. thats like $4l-$5K

How much did you bought the car for? I thought if it cost more then a certain percentage of your car... they just totalled it.. Again I am not sure

Funny thing was... The lady that hit me was driving an Elantra.... :fighting0030:
But we got it for about $19,500. Gotta love CarMax prices. :thumbdown:

VWBrain

Work at an auto auction writing service estimates on vehicles coming in...if they cut or section any part of the Q Panel that will cause it to be unibody damage. The quarter panel is considered a structural component on unibody vehicles. The fact that the airbags are deployed will also help your case on having the vehicle totaled as most insurance companies don't like to replace these and send the customer on their way for liability purposes. I had an 05 Golf that got nailed in the rear about 3 yrs ago (car before my new GTI) and they sectioned the Q Panel and pulled the frame as well as replaced the suspension and axle in the rear and that came out to 10,500 in parts and labor, at the time the car was valued at 13...the adjuster told me if one of the airbags had gone off he wouldn't have even looked at it. Good luck to you, IMO it looks totaled. Glad your alright, keep us posted!

spiker369

on air, don't care
Well we talked with the other person's insurance company today because the person we needed to contact yesteray had called out. My gti is going to a Cadillac dealership to be looked at (one of our neighbors works there and the other persons insurance wouldn't let us take it to the local vw dealership). But it's getting towed from my driveway tomorrow morning at 10am. Hopefully it'll at least be gone before this Hurricane hits us south floridians. :/

FNR32

Ready to race!
What insurance company is handling it?

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
What did the airbags feel like? Did they actually protect you or your head didn't make contact with them?

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
What did the airbags feel like? Did they actually protect you or your head didn't make contact with them?

when mine went it hurt the shoulder from the seat. I was pretty much uninjured in a collision at 70-80kmph. the side curtain more than likely protected my head. and yes the powder smells like crap.

VWBrain

Don't let the other persons insurance push you around...if your not the one at fault then it comes down to your choices...they will push you into a corner and try to tell you what you can and can't do, but your right is to be made whole (as in what you were before the accident occurred). And it also means you get to decide what's right for your repairs and I would fight for a dealership you trust

Uberryan

Banned
With 2 months on the clock, I'd fight the person at fault's insurance for a new one, tbh. Whether or not it's totaled.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Don't let the other persons insurance push you around...if your not the one at fault then it comes down to your choices...they will push you into a corner and try to tell you what you can and can't do, but your right is to be made whole (as in what you were before the accident occurred). And it also means you get to decide what's right for your repairs and I would fight for a dealership you trust

Well like I said the dealership it is going to, our neighbor works at so I know he's good. Plus the local vw dealer has horrible customer service so it'll work out.

spiker369

on air, don't care
This morning while she was being towed from the driveway. ):

My rental... Got rid of my 2003 v6 Accord for the GTI and now I'm in a 2013 base Civic.. My parents are trying to convince me to get this instead.. NOT HAPPENING