GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BEWARE - Redline Speed Worx, NJ

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
I have spoken with the owner of this vehicle. Again I'm not going to comment any further on the issue, I will let the owner bring a conclusion to this matter.

Shore GTI

Ready to race!
Redline states:
"We also found out that if, as originally directed, the ECU went to APR via the proper repair channels this repair would have costed the customer MUCH less out of pocket expense. To the tune of $200+ less.
We try our best to help all of our customers with both our extensive knowledge, as well as to make the most cost effective repairs available to them. We hold ourselves to the highest levels of honesty & integrity in our business, trust me when I say we hold YOUR best interests at heart 100% of the time."

Maximus7 states:
"I didn't want to drive an hour and half away for my car to just sit in their shop until APR fixed my ECU. I spoke with JR after speaking with Victor from APR (Victor works in Support) and told him I would take care of shipping of my ECU to APR."

I state:
"It seems like if all involved will take a deep breath, & step back from the edge.
Maybe this can be worked out. Respect, & honor can be maintained, & even gained through a peaceful conversation."

Last edited:

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Sounds to me like typical APR and vendor issues with pointing the blame at one another, and no one stepping up to their "claims"

its ashame that APR has a habitat of doing this...Ive heard good things about Redline and know personally a good amount of people that will only go to Redline...

My strong assumption is that APR screwed the pooch on communication to the OP...pointing fingers at the Vendor (as they typically try to do from past exp). and of course the vendor will most likely point the finger back...

Its an endless circle that sucks for the customer bottom line, we are never right in this day and age

eldiablo1

Ready to race!
Sounds to me like typical APR and vendor issues with pointing the blame at one another, and no one stepping up to their "claims"

This. ^

I'm considering an APR stage 1 tune. Called 2 different APR dealers (1 is a VW dealership) and was told that APR will fund the repair for any ECU issues which arise from the installation of the tune.

Obviously misinformation.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I think APR could improve the protocol in situations like this. This should be part of dealer training. It should be as little headache for the consumer.

I don't blame the OP for wanting to ship it directly to APR. It is far less of a headache (on top of the original issue) to send it directly to APR.

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
I think APR could improve the protocol in situations like this. This should be part of dealer training. It should be as little headache for the consumer.

I don't blame the OP for wanting to ship it directly to APR. It is far less of a headache (on top of the original issue) to send it directly to APR.

They are trying to get V3 out! more important fo'so :D

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
This is a good point...

Then i say APR needs to step up and address either the training, communication, and Q/C over vendors who are "authorized" to install and sell their product...I doubt they really care that much though its all about that bottom line, its easy for the big guy to say XXX, and the installer to say theee exact opposite, with neither going to come to a resolution, with a paying customer in the middle get the short end of the deal, these companies have insurance for stuff like this...i see it all the time

Spend 600+ for a tune with feel good warranties.

I deal with high level clientele all day long, it all comes down to the big guy

Last edited:

Jaber

Modero
Then i say APR needs to step up and address either the training, communication, and Q/C over vendors who are "authorized" to install and sell their product...

I deal with high level clientele all day long, it all comes down to the big guy

Think until people speak with their wallets (i.e. stop buying their products), it's business as usual, if they're making money.

Or there needs to be a disclosure stating, regardless who fucked up, you're out of money on a repair and downtime of no car, or ecu replacement and downtime of no car. This way when the time comes, you're not holding your hands in the air playing phone tag and internetwarz.

This year I decided, I was not willing to pay to play. So holding off on tune for a while longer and going to enjoy it for what it is.

kineticMKVI

Ready to race!
Think until people speak with their wallets (i.e. stop buying their products), it's business as usual, if they're making money.

Or there needs to be a disclosure stating, regardless who fucked up, you're out of money on a repair and downtime of no car, or ecu replacement and downtime of no car. This way when the time comes, you're not holding your hands in the air playing phone tag and internetwarz.

This year I decided, I was not willing to pay to play. So holding off on tune for a while longer and going to enjoy it for what it is.

Yeeeeeeeeap. I waited 3 years.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion

I waited 1 week before tuning my car (wouldnt have bought it if that wasnt going to be the case), researching a few months before even having the car (was pretty sure i knew what i wanted)...coming from heavily tuned cars in the past, i knew damn sure what i was getting into having these battles with other companies and vehicles in the past with things...(why i am not naive about it anymore, like many first time tuners jumping into the world with a affordable and fun GTI)

They back their product with "feel good warranties" and skirt around on the customer (ive seen it personally), not sure if they all do as my only personal exp is with APR....you can see how their business has changed over the past 5-6 years...

Its taking a stand and staying behind that stance whatever you may choose, but to go back and forth, change the tune via different outlooks you talk to wtihin APR, it comes down to training, communication, ethics, etc....

You have seen the point back and forth multiple times just on this very forum via this specific gen of vehicle..

No matter who's fault it is (tuner vs. APR) warranty claim, the communication, is either not there or they are just sitting there pointing fingers at each other (laughing in their head) with a customer stuck in the middle...

Yes, you need to be ready to pay to play, but when you're offered a slight piece of mind that probably puts people on the fence over the top with going in on a tune, or using it as some justification, and when the time comes its this (not saying its true for all cases obviously, and i know RSW has stepped up and footed bills, and we all know APR has too)... but either the break down in communication, good policy, and business ethics has caused this or its really is just a feel good warranty case by case basis....

that responsibility to ensure best business practice falls on APR, IMO

4DcWMk6

Ready to race!
This is tough. But I will have to say that I have had nothing but a positive experience with RSW. JR and Pat have been nothing but spectacular in communicating anything that needed to be done to my car. Yes this does include any issues I had with my car too. It is unfortunate this has had to happen. I wish u the best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kern417

Go Kart Champion
does anyone have documentation showing what the warranty covers, or that there even is a warranty for apr, unitronic, etc.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_trans.html