GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth automatically playing music from my phone?

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
My iPhone 4S never starts playback automatically when connecting or disconnecting from bluetooth. It does stop playback when disconnecting which is nice. If I use the MDI, however, it will start playback upon connecting but still stops when disconnecting. I wish it had that behavior on BT, having to open up Pandora and hit play every time I start the car is annoying.

lunar424

guys, you can turn off bluetooth autoplay option in the dashboard :)

and that does not affect phone connectivity, it just turn off music autoplay.

SnickterP

I wish mine had that problem. Every time i go to play music from my phone I have to manually select the BT Audio option, even though it was the last thing I was using before.

TX Jetta Owner

Bluetooth automatically launching Autoplay on Phone

Everytime I start the car the music on my android phone launches in the media player. I have unchecked the auto play button in settings. This makes no difference. Has anyone found a fix for this problem?
Thanks,

jfalcono2

(Bump) Any ideas on this?? BT auto-play unchecked here too. But alas my Iphone4 will start playing even if the radio is off, or on another source. It is the only complaint I have with my new 2012 GTI.

neZZr

Passed Driver's Ed
I've seen lots of posts about this across the web, some even seem to think it's normal A2DP behavior. I'm sure it's not as my A2DP headphones don't start playing automatically.

I also noticed that my iPod classic also auto-starts when I hook it to the port in the center console... I don't think there is, or will be, a fix for this issue.

McFuzz

Go Kart Champion
I gave up - I just manually stop the audio playback on my iPhone when I get into the car :\ made a habit of it at this point.

neZZr

Passed Driver's Ed
Same here. It sucks, but I'm not willing to turn off bluetooth and give up the handsfree calling!

titan253

Ready to race!
For those with android problems, what phone and OS are you on? After searching online it appears that people have had this problem with HTC phones

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I am also sick of this problem.
It auto plays on my iPhone and also on my Sony ericsson c905a phone. It's a big problem for podcasts.
Seems to a problem with all phones - its not just iPhones.

I just jail broke my iPhone and got the Bluetooth Service manager app and disabled the A2DP service. This should stop it playing music over bluetooth but still allow hands free.
I also found a way to get the Bluetooth elm obd port thing to work with iPhone dashcommand. Still to try.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I said the solution.
Jailbreak and install Bluetooth service manager and disable A2DP.

They are working on a radio software update for the mono streaming issue and might address this problem