GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth automatically playing music from my phone?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Please show a picture of that?
There is no bluetooth autoplay listing in my MFI Convenience menu in my car.
What is the version number and type of your radio?

If you mean the setting in the radio itself, that is not the issue and problem being discussed here.

K0Z

Ready to race!
Solution...Well sort of

Today I became the proud owner of a 2012 CSG MK6. While at the dealer I noticed this issue and having remembered reading this thread, I decided to see if I could figure this out.

The good news, there is a solution, as long as you have no want\need to stream media off the phone. I have an older HTC Eris, but you should be able to do this on almost every phone.

1. Turn on your stereo and let your phone sync with the head unit

2. Go into the Bluetooth settings on your phone (wherever it shows connected devices). In my case this was menu > settings > wireless & networks > Bluetooth settings

3. Select the "VW Phone" network from the list of connected devices. (Most likely you will have to press and hold). This should prompt you with some sort of menu, where you'll you have the ability to adjust settings for the specific device you select. Again, in my case I press and held, then selected "options"

4. Here you should have a list of the different Bluetooth functions available for the device. E.g. Phone and Media.

5. Simply turn Media sharing off. The phone will no longer show under media on the head unit. This only disables media sharing and the wireless phone functions will remain intact.

Side note: This worked in my case, your phone settings and menus will most likely be different. Either way you should be able to enable\disable this for the the car.

*Edit* Both of the music apps I have on my phone will launch, but neither of them are playing music automatically

Last edited:

Bretterson

Ready to race!
Maybe I'm crazy, but on my RCD-510 I can deactivate Bluetooth audio in the setup menu. Calls will still work fine.

Maybe I've overlooked something here though and my answer is too easy.

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
Maybe I'm crazy, but on my RCD-510 I can deactivate Bluetooth audio in the setup menu. Calls will still work fine.

Maybe I've overlooked something here though and my answer is too easy.

I use bluetooth audio frequently, so I don't want to turn it off. I just don't want it to start playing automatically every time I get in the car, even when it's set on radio.

Texag

Passed Driver's Ed
I wish I had the problem of my phone playing music through bluetooth. It'll connect, but nothing will play. The pandora app will be playing, but the radio in the car won't actually stream the music. I think my head unit is just FUBARed, as the cd changer shows no discs yet has 6 in there.

etc25

I went to dealer this week and they did Bluetooth update. I'm not sure what it fixes. I do not have any Bluetooth problems but maybe it helps some of you.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
My cars going in tomorrow for seat replacement and also looking to update the software too. So I hope they don't bullshit me and say there's none available.
Is it a July 2012 date for the update you got?

Actually, did you get a Bluetooth module update or an update to the radio software?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I went to dealer this week and they did Bluetooth update. I'm not sure what it fixes. I do not have any Bluetooth problems but maybe it helps some of you.

Is the update coming up as a "campaign" item against the car at the dealer? I.e. against the VIN when they run it.
Or is it a technical bulletin TSB that they have to search for?
They said its coming up against my VIN and a technician will need to look through the TSBs

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
I turned bluetooth audio off via VAG-COM under coding, telephone and check bite 4 for disable bluetooth audio. That solved the problem and I still have bluetooth calling with my iphone

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
I turned bluetooth audio off via VAG-COM under coding, telephone and check bite 4 for disable bluetooth audio. That solved the problem and I still have bluetooth calling with my iphone

I can confirm that this works 100 percent to stop auto playing of your music player on your phone when said phone connects via blue-tooth to your car, while still maintaining blue-tooth calling.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
can you still play music over bluetooth after doing this?

You're supposed to be able to. I'll check tomorrow to be absolutely sure, but the box that you check to make the "auto play" stop is not a check to box to disable blue-tooth audio steaming capabilities. The fact that the blue-tooth phone functions remain working tells us that.