GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bogging inbetween shifts

drepai

Go Kart Champion
I just remembered that I had a second water/meth nozzle installed post throttle body around the same time that I was flashed with GIAC software. That was a couple months ago and it hasn't happened to me since. Cryptic1911 also mentioned that that it stopped happening to him after a water/meth kit was installed...

It looks like the best way to go about fixing this (for now until tuners start acknowledging it) is water/methanol injection and/or a WOT box.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure it's necessarily the water meth that helped it, because I haven't had it happen since, even in times that I didn't have the wm running (but after it was installed - controller issues..) but I'm more wondering if it's because I had to remove, and reinstall my tb, tb pipe, and a few other things. Possibly had a slight leak somewhere? I dunno. I never had any boost/vac leaks that I could tell. The one thing that is definitely different is the fact that I put in a tb spacer.. so the tb is in a different spot now, and the tb pipe had to be stuffed up closer to the actual tb, unlike before when it was like 2" away, but connected with the silicone tubing. It's almost touching the tb now inside that tubing, because of the ~3/4"? drop of the tb.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Interesting about the meth... i dont have this problem, but i've had the meth from before i was tuned. However my buddies gti... before he had meth, if we started in third i could hang with him (when i was stock with meth) through all of third in race before he would take off, and he was apr stg 2. But once we installed his meth he would just take off SO quick right away. It's strange.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Interesting. Just stumbled across this. I actually get this too. Super annoying. It's pulling a lot of power as I get it back around 5k.

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
Well, looks like this thread started at the perfectly wrong time. Anyone have any updates? News about Arin@APR returning..?

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
I've been reading about the WOT box. Any input here? Anyone install it and have reviews? Seems this may fix our problem.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Anybody with an mk5 tsi have this problem?

If United Motorsports can tune 2 step and NLS into the Golf R how come non of the other tuners can give it to us?

VagPuncher

Ready to race!
I've been reading about the WOT box. Any input here? Anyone install it and have reviews? Seems this may fix our problem.

i have the WOTBOX and has not happened to me since i've installed it. would get it every once in a while without it!

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Anybody with an mk5 tsi have this problem?

If United Motorsports can tune 2 step and NLS into the Golf R how come non of the other tuners can give it to us?
I've heard of this happening with a mkv tsi

I wish they would, I think the reason they don't is because it's a liability issue (and more work on their end). People would be burning through cats+money shifting and then try to pin it on the tuner... that's just a guess though.

I've been in a gti with a wot box and it's pretty awesome, shifts hit hard

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Now that I think about it I have never had it happen while NLS-ing only happens when I shift fast and making the throttle body work fast.

Cpuga93

Ready to race!
sorry to revive this thread but has anyone figured out the reason for this issue or solution? Or is it just a pretty common thing in our cars?
Im currently on stage 2 apr software and although i noticed it happened rarely when i first got the tune it seemed to kind of go away until recently. Its happened a couple of times all day today. I had my brother test it out and it happened to him as well.
I was starting to think that my clutch might be slipping since I'm still on the stock clutch at 45k miles and I've had the tune for about 28k of them but he and i agreed that it doesn't behave like a slipping clutch. Could this be the issue for me or could it be something else since I've read that even people with an aftermarket clutch are experiencing the same thing. spark plugs and coil pack? ugh sooo frustrating especially since i was about to pull the trigger on coilovers and sway bars or a cts k04 kit but now I'm worried that i might have to end up spending the money on the clutch instead, if it is causing the issue. =(

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
I still have the issue.. it's nothing to do with the clutch. It's something throttle body / maf related I think. I've gone through multiple hardware and software changes, and really the only time that it was basically gone was when I was stage2 and installed water meth. Now I'm k04 v3.1 with water meth, and it's back. I think the only way to get around it would be to install a n2mb wot box, and do no lift shifts. I believe it's something with how fast the tb slams shut and then opens during a shift.. its like it triggers an alarm somehow, and goes into a safe mode

Cpuga93

Ready to race!
Ahh ok well I guess I'll just have to live with it it. I wanted to get k04 and then this happened so I thought I might have to get a clutch instead.