GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bogging inbetween shifts

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
there's no cable in any new car these days. it's all a tps sensor in the pedal, it goes through a wire harness to the ecu, the ecu mulls it over, gives the OK to move, and then it signals the motor in the throttle body to open the throttle plate. It's somewhere in that process that it's getting fucked up. Too many protections and nanny bullshit on cars these days.. I miss the old days where your foot was directly connected to the plate with a cable

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
there's no cable in any new car these days. it's all a tps sensor in the pedal, it goes through a wire harness to the ecu, the ecu mulls it over, gives the OK to move, and then it signals the motor in the throttle body to open the throttle plate. It's somewhere in that process that it's getting fucked up. Too many protections and nanny bullshit on cars these days.. I miss the old days where your foot was directly connected to the plate with a cable

AMEN.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
No, some people have it stock as well. I think it just so happens that the majority of gti's are apr tuned, so that skews the numbers
That's my theory too but I have yet to hear from people using the other 3 big tuners.

Any Uni, GIAC, or Revo people having this problem?

shucky

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys, this has been beaten to death on vortex since 2009. I reported it on my 6spd CC in 09 and there is a thread there that fires up sometimes when new folks experience this and report the same problem. There has never been a fix and thinking there will be one now is just not realistic. My car did not do this stock. Zero mods, APR stage 1 flash = throttle delay between WOT shifts. 9 of 10 tries I could repeat this for as long as I'd like. It was extremely annoying and I hated it. No issues were ever found with my car as like so many others. APR once did claim after a long time that they knew what it was but said it was secret and they couldn't tell anyone. Some speculated it was a safety feature. Either way, its not getting solved as its been nearly 4 years already. Most customers who report this are APR from what I've seen.

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
Guys, this has been beaten to death on vortex since 2009. I reported it on my 6spd CC in 09 and there is a thread there that fires up sometimes when new folks experience this and report the same problem. There has never been a fix and thinking there will be one now is just not realistic. My car did not do this stock. Zero mods, APR stage 1 flash = throttle delay between WOT shifts. 9 of 10 tries I could repeat this for as long as I'd like. It was extremely annoying and I hated it. No issues were ever found with my car as like so many others. APR once did claim after a long time that they knew what it was but said it was secret and they couldn't tell anyone. Some speculated it was a safety feature. Either way, its not getting solved as its been nearly 4 years already. Most customers who report this are APR from what I've seen.

Link?

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
ohhhh yes, actually I remember that

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4837886-APR-Has-there-been-a-fix-for-delayed-acceleration-after-shifting&p=66024023&viewfull=1#post66024023

Arin@APR said:
We have a vehicle here now in house we were able to use to reproduce some throttle delays. On all other TSI vehicles we were unable to reproduce the issues but after speaking with a few customers we were able to nail down a few scenarios. THIS VEHICLE IS 100% STOCK. The engineering team spent the past week working on the vehicle to understand why the delay was present in the first place. There's a reason VW put it there. There is a reason why they wanted it. I can't go too deeply into the reason why as it may cause other tuners to know where to look to help create a solution. Thus far, the engineering team was able to calibrate a the ECU in such a way the delay is not present. The vehicle is now in long term testing to check drivability. Once we ensure this is a safe change that will not impact multiple other driving conditions unforeseen, we will roll it into another software release. No pun intended, but the 'new' version of APR software was delayed till we could actually confirm this is something present with stock software so we could roll all the released into one. Just a note why we don't release multiple update's and instead roll them into one package is because the TSI has over 20 ECU's. Some of those 20 ECU's have multiple VW factory revisions. Of each factory revision we have APR stage 1, 2 and 3 software. For each APR 1, 2 and 3 software we have stock, 91, 93, 100 and valet tunes. 91, 93 and 100 would need to be updated for each. As you can see, 1 release means a lot of work to release a fix for several hundreds of files. When everything is ready, an update will be issued. Become an fan of our software on facebook and I'll launch an update for everyone. Click the like button above the page title on this page.

Again, just to clarify, This was not an APR issue. This is a 'FEATURE' built into the stock calibration.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
I read a couple posts on the last page and they said they can't duplicate the problem...typical APR cop out
HAH! I guess if you can't duplicate it then everybody in this thread is a liar and the problem doesn't exist. Smh, we have yet to hear from people having this issue with GIAC, Uni, or Revo software. Is APR still testing the "long term drivability" of the vehicle with this new "secret calibration" that Arin speaks of?:lol:Seriously wtf is going on here...

I see that Arin is on Vortex right now....

motoduderyan

Ready to race!
Giac stage 2, eurojet dp magnaflow catback, top, and front pipe,and cts intake and I have the same problem wot shift between 2nd and 3rd falls on its ass then picks back up again like nothing happend. Happens more in cold morning weather

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Giac stage 2, eurojet dp magnaflow catback, top, and front pipe,and cts intake and I have the same problem wot shift between 2nd and 3rd falls on its ass then picks back up again like nothing happend. Happens more in cold morning weather
Thank you for speaking up. It was starting to look like this is something mainly APR users are experiencing, I guess GIAC doesn't have a fix for it either.