CLEsonny's Build Thread

CLEsonny

Ready to race!

This happened today at lunch...

Shout out to Will @ Bagriders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
This came in the mail today. Ordered it Friday and it arrived today. 2 business days with standard ground shipping. One of my boxes was pretty damaged because of UPS, but the contents were packaged very well - nothing was damaged. My management was shipped out today because they were restocking 1/4" lines.

I ended up going with:
Autopilot V2 management
Airlift Slam Series fronts
Bilstein rear shocks
4 gallon raw tank
1/4" lines
444CC compressor w/ a water trap

I will build the trunk setup this weekend. I'm planning to keep the spare and building a false floor.

Next Saturday, I'll have access to a lift and install the rest.

Last edited:

CLEsonny

Ready to race!

Finally. First time my friend and I did an air install. I'll get some better quality pictures up soon.

Last edited:

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
Took some photos with a DSRL and attempted to edit them a little in iPhoto. This is my first try shooting with a DSLR! Hope these came out okay.

erikras

Ready to race!
You totally stole my idea! I was driving down Brookpark Road the other day and thought how funny it would be to do a mini photo shoot in the parking lot of an "adult" store!

Cool photos! I have a Nikon D7000 DSLR that I don't use nearly enough!

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
You totally stole my idea! I was driving down Brookpark Road the other day and thought how funny it would be to do a mini photo shoot in the parking lot of an "adult" store!

Cool photos! I have a Nikon D7000 DSLR that I don't use nearly enough!

I totally got the idea from "*****2.0t" - he has a photo there in his build thread. I took these with a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT that we had laying around the house. I gotta figure out how to use it.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I totally got the idea from "*****2.0t" - he has a photo there in his build thread. I took these with a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT that we had laying around the house. I gotta figure out how to use it.

Hahahaha, I just seen this and thought "he stole my idea." And then I scrolled down. Good photos!

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
How'd the car tun out after getting it repaired?

It came out perfect, IMO. I can't tell that it was hit.
Quality of work - very good
Calling/returning phone calls - meh

They did clean the whole inside and out of my car when I got it back. I got a crappy Impala as a rental. I tried getting the Jetta that was just turned in, but he wasn't having it.

clownish

just clowning around
It came out perfect, IMO. I can't tell that it was hit.

Quality of work - very good

Calling/returning phone calls - meh

They did clean the whole inside and out of my car when I got it back. I got a crappy Impala as a rental. I tried getting the Jetta that was just turned in, but he wasn't having it.

I'm seriously considering a 09 Chevy SS as a daily and winter beater.... Whatcha think? I've never had an American car before.

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
I'm seriously considering a 09 Chevy SS as a daily and winter beater.... Whatcha think? I've never had an American car before.

Please reconsider your options. The car was very bland, IMO. I'd rather get an older Subaru/Japanese car or a TDI.

clownish

just clowning around
Please reconsider your options. The car was very bland, IMO. I'd rather get an older Subaru/Japanese car or a TDI.

I've never actually driven one so I guess that may be true. I mean, my default is to get an Accord or Camry that will last forever to replace my old 2003 v6 Camry that only had 45k or 55k mi on it. I don't even remember since it's been so long.

I just want something not so plebeian, I don't really care about and I can drive it without thinking. I figured the v8 would be a little fun despite the aging auto transmission - and easy to swap to MT given it's an American car with an abundance of spare parts available.

Thought about leasing a 100-
200/mo new car like a Civic or Sonata or Jetta but then I feel like it's money down the drain. I don't know...