GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CLEsonny's Build Thread

erikras

Ready to race!
I've never actually driven one so I guess that may be true. I mean, my default is to get an Accord or Camry that will last forever to replace my old 2003 v6 Camry that only had 45k or 55k mi on it. I don't even remember since it's been so long.

I just want something not so plebeian, I don't really care about and I can drive it without thinking. I figured the v8 would be a little fun despite the aging auto transmission - and easy to swap to MT given it's an American car with an abundance of spare parts available.

Thought about leasing a 100-
200/mo new car like a Civic or Sonata or Jetta but then I feel like it's money down the drain. I don't know...

Yeah, don't do the Chevy. I used to work in a GM shop. I had a '09 Legacy. It was a great daily driver. Actually very simple to work on. I'm sure you could find a 05-09 Legacy for about the same as the SS. Plus AWD in the winter!

clownish

just clowning around
Yeah, don't do the Chevy. I used to work in a GM shop. I had a '09 Legacy. It was a great daily driver. Actually very simple to work on. I'm sure you could find a 05-09 Legacy for about the same as the SS. Plus AWD in the winter!

I thought about that or a forester so I could have pretensions of building a sti wagon...

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
Here are some photos from the past week of shooting around Cleveland. Hope these turn out ok. If not, I'll get them on flickr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
love it dude. good stuff!

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
love it dude. good stuff!

I appreciate it! I'm digging my OEM+ look until I can afford new wheels.

I'll probably pick up wheels over the winter :)

OEM rep lip should be here Friday. I'll paint it Friday night.

Notching my car Saturday and probably installing the lip too.

CLEsonny

Ready to race!

Winter mode. Picked up these A4 wheels with worn down winter tires for $160! Painted them because they were curb rashes and etc.

I need to update this more. This car has change a little bit. It is crazy how much it has changed in one year. One year of ownership was last week.

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
Car looks sick man also digging the plate :w00t:. Did you cut your bumpstops down to get that low in the rear and also you notched?

:thumbsup:
Thanks! I notched my car in September. If I remember correctly, I cut the bump stops about 1/2 way or 3/4? I did not cut the U-brackets when installing the rear bags, though. I am also running stock camber. Camber might change when I get new wheels in a few months.

Noob_2.0T

Go Kart Champion
:thumbsup:
Thanks! I notched my car in September. If I remember correctly, I cut the bump stops about 1/2 way or 3/4? I did not cut the U-brackets when installing the rear bags, though. I am also running stock camber. Camber might change when I get new wheels in a few months.

Ill most likely have the company installing mine cut the bump stops half and then cut the u brackets. Im looking to get maximum low with running the koni sports.

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
Ill most likely have the company installing mine cut the bump stops half and then cut the u brackets. Im looking to get maximum low with running the koni sports.

I'm sure I am going to want to cut out the u-brackets when I get new wheels. I want to be able to tuck pretty well. I have Bilsteins and in the back and love the ride quality.

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
How is the 1/4" lines when it comes to airing up and down does it take forever?

I like them. Airing up/down isn't bad at all. Most of the people I know (in person) are running 1/4" lines. One guy runs 1/2" and it is fast ass hell. 1/4" is very easy to run, although, running the lines is pretty easy in general.