GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch Masters FX350 Review

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
You are slipping the clutch too much, and it will fail if it keeps happening. You need to engage the clutch quickly at a low rpm to avoid slipping as much as possible. I had a fx350 and found it was not as daily driver friendly as CM made it seem.

Basically you need to wait until you can get moving to a speed where you can get off the clutch as quick as you can. It was a chore to drive at crowded stop signs and traffic to say the least.

This. I tend to tap the throttle once to get it moving and then fully push the throttle after.

Sure, I'll do my best... When starting in 1st gear, I'm usually at about 1k-1.5k rpms until I start releasing the clutch... at this point I rarely ever get a smooth engagement... most of the time its like a jerking/stalling feeling where it seems almost as if the clutch is skipping around... This ONLY happens when starting from a Stop.
Also the engagment like you mentioned in your OP is higher (which personally I dislike) Maybe I have to relearn to drive manual... but I have been driving stick for over 8 years and never had issues like this even on other cars with staged clutch upgrades.

That is called Chatter, which is basically the disk skipping on the surface of the flywheel and pressure plate. Usually happens when not applying enough clamping load with the pressure plate while engaging the clutch.

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
Any updates on the people's units that started slipping? Which route did you take and what were the results?

I've had my FX350 with Single Mass Flywheel for ~ 32,000 miles and it's beginning to slip in the higher gears with cool weather :(

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
No slip on mine yet *knock on wood*

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Just took mine to the track last weekend and the clutch held superb. I doubt the RSR could withstand that kind of heat. the FX350 took it like a pro and is still holding big turbo power. I can't remember how many miles I have on it though. maybe 10-15k.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
60,000 mile update on the 3rd post of the first page, strange issue yesterday with the clutch so I figured I might as well update the thread.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
So after approximately 71,000 miles with the FX350 (car has 114,000 miles) I noticed what I think is the clutch slightly slipping in 4th/5th gear. The car will be in storage most of the next 3 years and I'm guessing I will only drive it max 2,000 miles per year, mostly highway, so I have plenty of time to figure out what I want to do next. Still need to rule out if it's a boost leak but I don't think so.

The cheapest option would be to just replace the clutch disc with another FX350, but does anybody know if that's that ok with these types of setups? I probably won't do the labor myself so I would hate to spend a lot of money on labor only to have to do it again because I should've replaced more than just the clutch disc. If it's best to replace all parts I might just switch to the RSR setup.

I also want to make sure that whatever I choose to do can take a k04 upgrade (and last a long time) if I want to do that later.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Currently I am running the same clutch on k04 so far for 7 months and about 11k miles. I have had the clutch for 1yr and about 17k miles. Previous 6k miles were on stage 2. I don't launch, but I do drive with enthusiasm. She definitely will hold k04 for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk