GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DeAutoKey vs RDash LED Plate Lights

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Do the deautokey interior LED's fade on as smoothly as the OEM halogen bulbs? At one point I swapped in some LED's that I bought off ebay but they didn't fade on smoothly when you take the key out of the ignition, so I ended up swapping in pure white 194 halogen bulbs which are working out for me, and are a nice white color, but can't find the same ones online again now for replacement bulbs.

These do fade out smoothy like OEM, and there is no glow, not many wholesaler/ebay lights will do this, in making our LED we tested every single LED on the market, they are not the greatest to be honest and in my opinion are out there trying to make a quick buck off people, you can trust us, as we are forum members and we care about what you put in your car.
---
To the other posts talking about issues with our LED license plate sets, I am a bit confused, but I want to know so we can fix any issues...
I never heard the issue with the pins or connector, we now have automotive 3m tape on the resistors so you can tape the resistors on the inside of the bumper. Anyone have pics of the pins and the issues they are having? We can fix it.

SuPeR GTi- we are sending out your set tomorrow. Check your PM so we can make sure everything goes smoothly second time around.

Thank you

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Hi, just installed the deAutoKey license plate LEDs this past weekend and I am very happy with the solution. There was a couple of very minor problems but nothing to sweat about. One, was the connector pins were very slightly bent so that you could not completely insert the connector into the socket, just a little adjustment with a screwdriver corrected this. Secondly the solder joint on the other unit (connector tab to LED wires and load resistor wires) was a little to large. This prevented the connector tab from being able to be fully inserted into the housing, this resulted in the connector tab being pushed out everytime you tried to insert the connector. I ended up just filing this down just a tad so that the connector tab could be fully inserted and locked. Other than those tow minor problems I am very satisfied with the look and install. Thanks deAutKey.

yes, it seems that our lights prongs line up for the most part, but sometimes they do not, it is hard to get them to line up exactly every time on our end, we do suggest you look before you plug them in to avoid bending them, we do try our best to align them before hand but it is best to align it to the plug in your license plate.

We will make a note on our site and when we ship them out!

We want to add that the members on this forum are some of the best customers, from your reviews here and your feedback through emails, I appreciate it all :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And thanks for this feedback gti-50, we don't try to hide anything.Our our product will last 55,000 hours, which means you can have our LED lights on for 6 years straight without them burning out, since no one will probably do that, these will last a lifetime, and that they are made to order to our specs meaning NO blue or yellow tint, only a crisp clean white!

Thanks again

gti-50

Hi deAutokey,

No problem, and thanks again for the great products and support. You have been very responsive to questions that pop up on this forum and always seems to answer them in a timely manner. I'll continue to order from you going forward.

When will you have your MK VI cabin leds back in stock (full kit)?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
LED will be back in stock end of January, we get these custom made to our specs in small batches for quality... These will be worth the wait, we will be having a huge sale on these when they are back in stock for a short period of time, I doubt they will stay in stock very long with this small sale.

Thanks for the patience and waiting, I will try to make a banner with ETA and sale info... But you won't be sorry for waiting though :)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I don't think I ever got an answer back, but I want to be an Audi ginneau pig for De Autokey, lmk!

spiker369

on air, don't care
I updated the first post with this but here's the bump!

So I've been reading and hearing how people are having fitment issues with the DeAutoKey LED Plate lights.. These next three photos should clear things up and make your fitment perfect and have your plate shining bright!

So this is the stock halogen housing:

And this is the DeAutoKey Plate Light connector:

See any differences? Yeah, the stock ones are bent at an angle while the DeAutoKey's aren't. You might be thinking it's time to return them... WRONG!
Just take a small flathead screwdriver and bend the prongs to match your stock ones and then slip it into the connector on the car.

Perfect!

If you were in a rush and just jammed the DeAutoKey connectors in (I'll admit, I did the night I got them) just take your flat head and bend them to the position of your stock set and they'll work fine (clearly lol).
Enjoy your new lights without paying outrageous fees for an unwanted blue tint. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dunkavenger

Passed Driver's Ed
Will you include these in the set lights for interior? I'm considering doing all of these in one shot after seeing and reading how good these LEDs are. I can't wait to order them!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Will you include these in the set lights for interior? I'm considering doing all of these in one shot after seeing and reading how good these LEDs are. I can't wait to order them!

We can do that, our exterior lights will match our interior light temp, don't be fooled, as you can see everyone has similar looking products but not our LED, the LED light temps is the part the matters, not the way the bulb or LED looks!

We have tons of people waiting and our mailing list has doubled.
we are going to have a huge sale for 1 week, you will not be sorry for waiting :) Trust us!

subscribe to our mailing list to get the deal:
http://deautokey.com/mailing-list-sign-up

Brawn80

Ready to race!
Would I be able to tone down the output level of these leds? I'd like the quality of deautokey, but a lower light output more like the rdash (possibly less). I want pure white temp, but not crazy output where I light up the whole street. Vagcom? Resisters? Micro dimmer switch?

I'm going for a modern sophisticated/ highline look that doesn't scream "look at me" although obviously that's what we all want. I just want it to be done in a more elegant way. A car that you can drive down the outdoor restaurant section of main street on a Saturday summer night, that grabs attention, but doesn't distract everyone's dinner. I know this sounds like I'm trying to make the car something its not (hell, its only worth like $25k, not $60k-80k+), but this is what I was given, and I'm going to make the best of it.

1 other thing, its gotta keep its street cred too.. :D

DROID RAZR MAXX via Tapatalk 2

Last edited: