GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DeAutoKey vs RDash LED Plate Lights

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
These have a nice light temp and light output, the rdash are brighter, streaky, and blue....

Take a look of our LED:

spiker369

on air, don't care
Would I be able to tone down the output level of these leds? I'd like the quality of deautokey, but a lower light output more like the rdash (possibly less). I want pure white temp, but not crazy output where I light up the whole street. Vagcom? Resisters? Micro dimmer switch?

I'm going for a modern sophisticated/ highline look that doesn't scream "look at me" although obviously that's what we all want. I just want it to be done in a more elegant way. A car that you can drive down the outdoor restaurant section of main street on a Saturday summer night, that grabs attention, but doesn't distract everyone's dinner. I know this sounds like I'm trying to make the car something its not (hell, its only worth like $25k, not $60k-80k+), but this is what I was given, and I'm going to make the best of it.

1 other thing, its gotta keep its street cred too.. :D

DROID RAZR MAXX via Tapatalk 2

These actually aren't too bright, I just took the pictures with the fstop I did to show the difference between the blue of the Rdash and the pure white of the DeAutoKey set. :)

Brawn80

Ready to race!
These actually aren't too bright, I just took the pictures with the fstop I did to show the difference between the blue of the Rdash and the pure white of the DeAutoKey set. :)

So in the two brighter photos of the back license plate, I take it you were shooting in manual, with all the same length of exposure, ISO sensitivity, aperture, and white balance, and at about the same distance. As far as i can tell in the photos, the rdash look a tad softer in light output then the deautokey (mainly because the light doesn't spill out as far towards the edge of the picture, but this could also be due to the greater diffusion of the deautokey). But anyways, I'll take your guys word for it that the deautokey lights are not too bright. The picture by deautokey, from farther away also really helped, though obviously that photo depends a lot on what settings were used too.

Time to tell my gf what I want as a late Xmas present! :D she originally got me a remote start (which is a nightmare to put in a VW and $$$) so that's returned (woulda loved having it though). But now I finally get something!

spiker369

on air, don't care
So in the two brighter photos of the back license plate, I take it you were shooting in manual, with all the same length of exposure, ISO sensitivity, aperture, and white balance, and at about the same distance. As far as i can tell in the photos, the rdash look a tad softer in light output then the deautokey (mainly because the light doesn't spill out as far towards the edge of the picture, but this could also be due to the greater diffusion of the deautokey). But anyways, I'll take your guys word for it that the deautokey lights are not too bright. The picture by deautokey, from farther away also really helped, though obviously that photo depends a lot on what settings were used too.

Time to tell my gf what I want as a late Xmas present! :D she originally got me a remote start (which is a nightmare to put in a VW and $$$) so that's returned (woulda loved having it though). But now I finally get something!

Exactly what I did. But I guess using a 10mm didn't help with the reference of light spill. I could do a better shot soon whenever it stops raining here. Have to test some other stuff anyways.(;

Outkasted24

Hoping to Own a GTI Soon
LED will be back in stock end of January, we get these custom made to our specs in small batches for quality... These will be worth the wait, we will be having a huge sale on these when they are back in stock for a short period of time, I doubt they will stay in stock very long with this small sale.

Thanks for the patience and waiting, I will try to make a banner with ETA and sale info... But you won't be sorry for waiting though :)

Is it the End Of January Yet? ;)

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
These have a nice light temp and light output, the rdash are brighter, streaky, and blue....

I know about 5 people with the rdash including myself, and they aren't blue. I guess as a competitor, whatever strategy works...

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I know about 5 people with the rdash including myself, and they aren't blue. I guess as a competitor, whatever strategy works...

Not at all, you can purchase from them if you'd like, this is from what we have seen myself and what many people have told us after switching.

And we charge LESS money and we have a smaller resistor that will include automotive 3m double sided tape for easy installation.

We welcome any type of competition, they don't welcome us though, once they see our prices and quality it is hard to compete.

Thanks

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion
I like your board :thumbsup:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

I like your website. Very clean.

These are back in stock now!

The resistors on the License Plate LED housing now come with 3M double sided foam automotive tape! This allows for an easy clean installation for our customers.

Thank you