GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Plasti Dip Emblems

JerseyGTI1

Ready to race!
I'm actually in the process of doing mine now. I found it hard and tedious to unclip the 2 parts of the grill and the front emblem (i have really bad luck w/ these type of plastic clips always break them) For those of you that will not take the grill out. I took some pictures for you to understand how it will come out easier.

I'm Really interested in a Picture Tutorial on how to take that back emblem out of the hatch, looks kinda scary just looking at it. Not to sure what "unclips"

Attachments

• IMG_0038[1].jpg
    IMG_0038[1].jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 523

rigti9

Ready to race!
it's white, but you have to consider playing w/ shadows and highlights. If you just cover it w/ white in PS, it looks like garbage, this is more of what it would look like on a sunny day w/ highlights and shadows if you painted over the chrome w/ a glossy paint. A more realistic look, what you would actually see.

gkallis

Ready to race!
Ok so i have a candy white car and thinking about doing this. but im stuck between what colors. Either White, black, or im thinking red but not sure. Any pics of these on candy white?

JerseyGTI1

Ready to race!
Heres your pictures sucks you can't edit previous post for attachments. Now i look like a post whore =P Heres some candy white pics sorry bout the quality taken off my iphone. Tried my best for you given my elements.

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 509
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 395
  • 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 530

gkallis

Ready to race!
thank you that looks good. did u do the back too? also i wish i could compare to white painted for red painted lol

blaqkink

Ready to race!
debating wether to do this on my CW GTI. I used to have a black MKV so the black emblems were nice. But it looks good on your car from what i can tell. Mind posting a day shot with sunlight? thanks. Did you do the rear emblem as well?

JerseyGTI1

Ready to race!
I haven't done the back emblems and when i take my car out today i'll get a shot in the sun light for you guys. I'm just gonna tape the shit outta the back of the car one day and do the back hitch, as far as the "G" "T" "I", i know i can take them off very easy w/ a heat gun and some dental floss, but how the hell am i gonna get them bitchs back on to stick?

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
A credit card is all you need to remove the rear VW emblem and GTI badges.
Pix of my VW painted factory color and GTI delete

citrin1893

Ready to race!
i drive a shadow blue 3dr nd i bought the plastidip but im torn whether to do the red parts of the grill or just the emblems nd the GTIs

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
A credit card is all you need to remove the rear VW emblem and GTI badges.
Pix of my VW painted factory color and GTI delete

A credit card? Really? It was that easy for you? I need to try that I guess.. I had all sorts of trouble with mine, and I still haven't figured it out.

JerseyGTI1

Ready to race!
A credit card? Really? It was that easy for you? I need to try that I guess.. I had all sorts of trouble with mine, and I still haven't figured it out.

The easiest way to take these off would be take a heat gun and on Low settings or a hair dryer would work too, and heat up the emblems very lightly. The object is to just get the glue under to become moist again; than take some Dental floss and loop it between the badge and the car and slide it downward. It should peel right off w/o leaving a mark on the car for goo gone to be used.

blaqkink

Ready to race!
i puled out my front emblem to paint it, and I guess i must have messed it up, because its wobbling now, it sits straight and wont come off, but its much looser now =\

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
I haven't done the back emblems and when i take my car out today i'll get a shot in the sun light for you guys. I'm just gonna tape the shit outta the back of the car one day and do the back hitch, as far as the "G" "T" "I", i know i can take them off very easy w/ a heat gun and some dental floss, but how the hell am i gonna get them bitchs back on to stick?

well, usually, when you de-badge your vehicle of those letters, you really don't have plans of putting 'em back on!

:bonk:

so if you're already thinking about putting the GTI logo back on, i wouldn't recommend doing it..