GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Plasti Dip Emblems

JerseyGTI1

Ready to race!
well, usually, when you de-badge your vehicle of those letters, you really don't have plans of putting 'em back on!

:bonk:

so if you're already thinking about putting the GTI logo back on, i wouldn't recommend doing it..

As I said, I want to paint them and get them back on safely. No one said anything about a de-badge, de-badge would mean I want to leave them off I want them still there just black, and keeping them on the hatch and painting them sounds like a very grave idea, with how detailed you will be when taping. There for there needs to be some kind of safe adhesive that i would need to use that's what i was trying to find out.

Someone asked where in Jersey I'm from, I'm in Bloomfield. Really close to Clifton.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
As I said, I want to paint them and get them back on safely. No one said anything about a de-badge, de-badge would mean I want to leave them off I want them still there just black, and keeping them on the hatch and painting them sounds like a very grave idea, with how detailed you will be when taping. There for there needs to be some kind of safe adhesive that i would need to use that's what i was trying to find out.

Someone asked where in Jersey I'm from, I'm in Bloomfield. Really close to Clifton.

i apologize, my friend. i wasn't caught up with the conversation in the thread, as i skimmed through, and hadn't realized the ongoing posts that you had made about that topic.

:iono:

micah360

Ready to race!
I haven't done the back emblems and when i take my car out today i'll get a shot in the sun light for you guys. I'm just gonna tape the shit outta the back of the car one day and do the back hitch, as far as the "G" "T" "I", i know i can take them off very easy w/ a heat gun and some dental floss, but how the hell am i gonna get them bitchs back on to stick?

3M also makes an adhesive tape for trim molding that works perfect for this.

invadertim3

Ready to race!
Wow, I want to do this with my car, but I don't want to break the badge lol. Do you have to sand it? And what paint do you use for the glossy black?

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
You know what I notice when I see painted emblems on the front of cars, they have very noticeable chips and dings from normal driving.

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion

Since doing this the rear gti badge is gone look down....

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
You can but I just newspaper and taped. Plastidip comes right off so don't worry to much about overspray.

nrunyan

does anyone have any insight as to how to take the standard golf grille off? i took the top four screws out, but there was still something holding it in place from the bottom and i didn't want to risk breaking any clips. any help would be great!

isons429

Ready to race!
does anyone have any insight as to how to take the standard golf grille off? i took the top four screws out, but there was still something holding it in place from the bottom and i didn't want to risk breaking any clips. any help would be great!

You have to pull hard to get it off. There are tons of clips holding the grille onto the bumper. I would work your way from one side to the other, pushing down a little while pulling.. Good luck.