GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

:: ECS Tuning :: Wheel spacer 101, All You Ever Need To Know About Wheel Spacers !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higinio.Tavasci

Passed Driver's Ed
I was checking the spacers in your site and it says that spacers between 3 and 8mm wont let the wheel to properly seat on the hub.

So if i have et52 wheels and want to go to a et45 I need 7mm spacers but according to that disclaimer I'm pretty much screwed??

Any advice wheel be apreciated

( Srry for my english)

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
I was checking the spacers in your site and it says that spacers between 3 and 8mm wont let the wheel to properly seat on the hub.

So if i have et52 wheels and want to go to a et45 I need 7mm spacers but according to that disclaimer I'm pretty much screwed??

Any advice wheel be apreciated

( Srry for my english)

10.5mm to 20mm:
Hubcentric wheel hubs have a raised center that engages the wheel center bore. This keeps the wheel centered on the hub.

3mm-8mm:
Thinner spacers let the OE hub center extend far enough beyond the spacer face that they can still engage and center the wheel.

For smaller spacers you must insure that they are centered and tighten properly.
For more tips follow these steps - Here

Andy

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion

Click HERE to order or for more information.

VW MKVI Golf Wheel Stud Conversion Kits - Only $119.95!

Why use wheel studs instead of wheel bolts?

When removing and installing wheels that utilize the factory wheel bolts, excessive, unnecessary wear is placed on the wheel hub itself.
This premature wear on an expensive component is costly and difficult to repair.

Wheel studs also allow the use of varying length wheel spacers - a highly convenient feature for those that anticipate using different spacer size setups in the future.

Both conical and ball seat lug nuts are available for a maximum of 10mm or 20mm wheel spacer use.

Status
Not open for further replies.