GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurosport Lower front stress bar

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
maybe this one?
http://www.eurosportacc.com/products/euro-sport-rear-x-brace-vw-mk4-mk5-mk6

looks interesting, and like he said, its almost like having the Unibrace but waaay cheaper.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
awesome. I might just pick this up. Its at a fraction of cost and should be the same.

Any benefits to the Unibrace vs this one? reason i ask is cause the unibrace looks like it does more, in terms of a full brace vs a 2 bars.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
looks like it wont work with the R32 belly pan if u have one

Actually it looks like it could fit with the R32 belly pan. It bolts to the front of the subframe. But idk, do you really think this bar would do anything?

Would this put any less stress on the subframe since its linking the two control arms together separate from the subframe? Maybe it would help with subframe shift?

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Yeah CF is not very cheap, but it would be cheaper than having to fix some botched holes in the body. It's pretty easy with the XB install

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
If you're thinking about this I would wait for the TyrolSport brace. It's CF/aluminum but the best part it should not require drilling holes into the body or require messing around with rivnuts. No official specs yet but it looks lighter than the XB. If didn't already have a Unibrace already I would get this. From Tyrol's facebook page.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/orjJdF]
https://flic.kr/p/orjJdF

But just like everything else from them, it will cost them 8 dollars to produce and they will sell it for 500.

Yeah CF is not very cheap, but it would be cheaper than having to fix some botched holes in the body. It's pretty easy with the XB install

I'm under the impression you have to be less than average on installs to botch the bolts holes. Take your time, do one by one and it's not hard AT ALL. I've installed a few and never had a problem what so ever.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Nope, just sharing information about a company I like. Check the FB page. Those images are the prototypes that were posted earlier this month. They also have a full R build thread over on Vortex that's worth checking out.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Not sure what prompted that response but OK.

Manufacturers lower their production costs by purchasing in bulk. Not sure where you got those numbers but 60+ multiplier is pretty ridiculous. You do realize Unibrace probably has a higher multiplier (material costs vs retail price) than Tyrol across their product line. This isn't like a company polishing off an OEM part number on their clutches, Tyrol is actually producing something. Water-jet cutting aluminum plate and crinkle coating does not cost that much.

For this application the Tyrol product is better simply because it addresses one of the major issues with the XB you don't have to drill holes in the body.

I have both companies products on my car, if I had the choice I would buy Tyrol

mamock116

Ready to race!
I'm going to pick up the euro sport lower front bar and give it a shot. At $90 it is worth at least testing. Ill post up on this thread my review.

mamock116

Ready to race!
So I installed the bar. Very noticeable difference. Front no longer groans or creaks when going over rough roads or going into drive ways. Also the steering just feels more solid and tight.

Outkasted24

Hoping to Own a GTI Soon
So I installed the bar. Very noticeable difference. Front no longer groans or creaks when going over rough roads or going into drive ways. Also the steering just feels more solid and tight.

what kind of drop are you running, and how much clearance does this bar have over the road?
Have you had any issues now that you have some miles on the installed bar?