GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurosport Lower front stress bar

mamock116

Ready to race!
I am on stock springs/shocks/sways. I haven't had any issues with the bar. The only 'issue' is that the bar got in the way when installing the wastegate anti rattle clip. I just got back from a trip to the Tail of the Dragon. The car felt super solid up front. It was my first trip up there since I installed the bar. On the last trip without the bar, the car felt kinda sloppy when pushing hard into a turn.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
I have their X brace and it is great. Tightens up the whole car a ton. At $90 this one is tempting. Worried about the bar getting hit with debris its whole life and being powder coated steel. Wonder how it would hold up. Can someone post some more photos of how low it hangs and some various angles?

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Thats not the eurosport one, which is that grey one. the KMD? That looks nice too.

Edit: Found your build thread. I like that KMD one better than the eurosport. I don't see it for sale on their site though.

Oh sh!t, my bad. Didn't even realize you guys were talking about a completely different brace (sleep deprived). Sorry.

Link to purchase is here.

I like it though! :)

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
did u have to replace the bolts for the KMD or did u reuse?

I replaced them for piece of mind. My subframe was missing one bolt (from factory) so I had to buy the passenger side bolt which is held on with nut on backside.

A few pics here.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
So I installed the bar. Very noticeable difference. Front no longer groans or creaks when going over rough roads or going into drive ways. Also the steering just feels more solid and tight.

i also installed this over last weekend. very noticeable difference in steering to my surprise. i have the r32 belly ban, i had to modify it by cutting the rear duct section to compensate for the bar, but everything fits perfectly...mind you that this bar is only for manual transmission folks