GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Ed's Golf 6 Replica OEM HID Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK6RR

Ready to race!
^ no problem. Don't be surprised though if you start trying to aim the beam more up and all of the sudden it stops and the screw just spins and clicks. For some reason there is a very short throw on how far you can adjust the vertical axis.. which really sucks.

i see that. Im aim them right now and the driver side does not go up as much as the passenger side. i just cant seem to find the one from side to side. are both the same color ?

StigsFatAmericanCousin

Ready to race!
i see that. Im aim them right now and the driver side does not go up as much as the passenger side. i just cant seem to find the one from side to side. are both the same color ?

The oem housings have a black cap over them that you have to pry off. Not sure about Ed's.

spiker369

on air, don't care

Yes they are the same color. Like a off white. One is pretty much dead center if you're looking from the top of the housing when attached to the car. The other is going to be on the outer portion sort of, near the farthest out mounting screw. Look close to the fender, you should see it around there.

MK6RR

Ready to race!
Yes they are the same color. Like a off white. One is pretty much dead center if you're looking from the top of the housing when attached to the car. The other is going to be on the outer portion sort of, near the farthest out mounting screw. Look close to the fender, you should see it around there.

ahhhhhh. found it. thanks very much sir. you are of great help. :happyanim::happyanim:

spiker369

on air, don't care
ahhhhhh. found it. thanks very much sir. you are of great help. :happyanim::happyanim:

Lol I didn't think I did a good job explaining it but I guess it helped. :p I was trying to find a photo to show you but at least you got it. And yeah, my driver's side doesn't go as high as my passenger side either, kinda blows.. :/

MK6RR

Ready to race!
Lol I didn't think I did a good job explaining it but I guess it helped. :p I was trying to find a photo to show you but at least you got it. And yeah, my driver's side doesn't go as high as my passenger side either, kinda blows.. :/
thats weird????. i wonder why?. oh well i guess it can be to bad for reps. I just did not wanted to run hids on a halogen housing.
did not want people to curse at me.

spiker369

on air, don't care
thats weird????. i wonder why?. oh well i guess it can be to bad for reps. I just did not wanted to run hids on a halogen housing.
did not want people to curse at me.

Probably a manufacturing flaw.. and I get that, there's so much hate around it on the forum but with the stock headlights it's honestly not that bad, I have 2+ friends that I know that run this. Honestly the glare from HIDs in the fogs is worse. :p

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Probably a manufacturing flaw.. and I get that, there's so much hate around it on the forum but with the stock headlights it's honestly not that bad, I have 2+ friends that I know that run this. Honestly the glare from HIDs in the fogs is worse. :p

Its probably a safety so you cannot aim the drivers side up so high that you blind people.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Its probably a safety so you cannot aim the drivers side up so high that you blind people.

But keeping it aimed pretty much at the ground is safe for the person driving the car? lmfao
They should at least be able to give you the same light coverage as the stock halogens when it's just the low beam..

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
And yeah, my driver's side doesn't go as high as my passenger side either, kinda blows.. :/

It's not meant to. The drivers side is always lower than passenger side - so as not to light high into the opposite lane traffic and the passenger can be set to kick up higher to light up the road side where that matters better. It's how the projectors are meant to cut the light off.
On right hand drive cars it is the opposite way, of course.
Nothing wrong with the aiming on these lights. They work fine and can be set as they should be. I followed the 25 foot aiming guides and got the lights exactly spot on with no issues at all. Think the passenger side dial was near max.

spiker369

on air, don't care
It's not meant to. The drivers side is always lower than passenger side - so as not to light high into the opposite lane traffic and the passenger can be set to kick up higher to light up the road side where that matters better. It's how the projectors are meant to cut the light off.
On right hand drive cars it is the opposite way, of course.
Nothing wrong with the aiming on these lights. They work fine and can be set as they should be. I followed the 25 foot aiming guides and got the lights exactly spot on with no issues at all. Think the passenger side dial was near max.

Maybe mine is just defective then. Cause I have the drivers side maxed out and it still aims pretty far down. How high up off the ground were you aiming at 25 feet away?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Maybe mine is just defective then. Cause I have the drivers side maxed out and it still aims pretty far down. How high up off the ground were you aiming at 25 feet away?

The straight line of both should be about 2 inches lower than the height from the ground to the center of the headlight. (Vertical adjustment)
Then they should kick up to the right along that line at a point that is a straight on distance from the projector lense. (Horizontal adjustment)

Use this guide

dmarsh15

Ready to race!

Are a lot of people really having problems with these?

I have not heard that many issues about them on any threads that I could find. Please elaborate.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
What parts of the lights are you guys sealing before putting them in and what type of sealant are you using? Ed recommended roof tile sealant. what did you guys use and do any of you have pics on what areas you sealed? Thanks!! I am waiting to put these in when I get my new intercooler so I can only take the bumper off once..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.