GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Ed's Golf 6 Replica OEM HID Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone replaced the turn signal bulb on the non led ones?

What bulb is it? I think it's an t15, but I'm not sure as I cannot get my hand to fit inside it. I have a feeling they will burnout soon, and I want to get an led replacement but I'm not sure if it will throw a code or not.

Ed, thoughts?

BUMP! or even the led headlight ones. it don't matter to me.

charlootz

Hi everone i have had depos led tails without fog on my car since september without any problems

i recently got eds 15 led blacked out heads, with the hid upgrade. when i turned them on im getting like 4 errors on the dash (check left and right headlights, and check left and right drl). i had someone try to code them according to what everyone has posted and nothing happens and as soon as i turn the lights on with both the stock lightswitch and a euroswitch the errors come back on. so i got one more person i have in my area with vagcom, hopefully he can fix this.

Also what are the odds that the headlights shorted out my ac so now it works only on fan 4? i ordered the resistor for that hopefully thats the only problem and these lights didnt void my cars waranty..

i really hope i dont have to take these things out cuz they are sick, but they are giving me such a hassle.

what do you all think?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
It would be helpful if you said what you coded it to and each change. The errors are expected without the full correct coding.
There are various bytes that you need to code and you need the code the car to expect LEDs on the parking light circuit. Did you set byte 18 to 21?
You get the drl bulb out message because there are no drls anymore. The headlights don't have a drl circuit. But the correct coding will prevent errors.
I have the same setup except my depo taillights have rear fog. And I assume you had halogen fronts before this.
You mention a euroswitch but don't say if you have installed the parking lights trigger wire. Have you?
And what do mean "nothing happens"? Did the guy mess the coding up that now your headlights don't work at all?

Not sure about the a/c thing. That sounds odd and I can't see how it can be related. Are there any blown fuses?

If you can outline the coding that was applied I can help get it correct.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Jan 25th Update

I have one brand new set of the Option 1 headlights, the chrome, no LEDS in stock.

For the other models, I will be getting more stock, and can resume shipping after Feb 6th.

Thank you for your support.

Ed

Zac#1

Ready to race!
Not that I need these... but just out of curiosity, do these lights corner?

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Feb 7th Update:

Sorry, I don't have any fog light kits available.

I can resume shipping early next week, and this is what I have in stock:

Option 1 - Chrome no LEDs, $525 Shipped
Option 2 - Black, no LEDs, $525 Shipped - only 5 sets
Option 4 - Chrome with LEDs, $600 Shipped

Add $70 if you need a HID kit.

The Option 3, Black with LEDs are on order from the factory, and should be ready in the next 2 weeks.

Just pm or email me at: Edward@becautoparts.com if you have questions or like to order.

One issue and one question, my issue is the projector housing on my right headlight itself is jittering on bumps. Any one know how to fix that, the headlight housing is on tight and doesn't shake, reaching into the housing and grabing the back of the bulb shows that there is a tiny bit of play in the enclosure. Quite annoying and the headlights have only been on for about a month.

My question is I get a left and right front side light out error when I turn on my headlights. No error until I turn them on, also noticed the side marker lights in the front are on when the head lights are off. I have done the copper wire jump (yes correctly), and have the fog lights enabled during turning. Any ideas on the error?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Depends on the coding you did too.
The sidemarkers are on the parking light circuit.
I have added the jumper wire and coded for parking lights as drl and have not found a way for the sidemarkers to not be on in drl mode (lights off) and to have drl working correctly.

Check on connections and all bulb connections. Check the bulb holder aplastic screw thing is fully tightened and securing the bulb tightly.

Did you get error canceling canbus hid kit? If not maybe that is why you get an error when you turn on low beams.

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
One issue and one question, my issue is the projector housing on my right headlight itself is jittering on bumps. Any one know how to fix that, the headlight housing is on tight and doesn't shake, reaching into the housing and grabing the back of the bulb shows that there is a tiny bit of play in the enclosure. Quite annoying and the headlights have only been on for about a month.

My question is I get a left and right front side light out error when I turn on my headlights. No error until I turn them on, also noticed the side marker lights in the front are on when the head lights are off. I have done the copper wire jump (yes correctly), and have the fog lights enabled during turning. Any ideas on the error?

Same exact thing for everything you noted. Just rep quality I guess.

nevekd128

Ready to race!
Same exact thing for everything you noted. Just rep quality I guess.

mine do too. try taking them out and checking the adjustment mechanismms arent fouled. and that the projector is screwed in tight. i havent dont this on mine but it only jitters when i hit solid bumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.