GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Software for MK6 250Q DSG Transmission covering 2009-2012 is NOW available!

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
So this tune won't adjust the shift points in regular D mode by default but I could request a custom shift map for it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The shift points are set a bit higher than normal, meaning, it will hold the gear a bit longer before shifting to the next gear. Though it's not a sport mode, it will not go straight to 6th gear anymore.

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
I don't experience kickdown in manual mode now - ever. If I were to get stage 1, would that change? RE: rev limiter -that was set with my APR engine software , will GIAC then be taking that rev limit back down to stock then or?

We would use your exact code, so that shouldn't change. Unless something other than the transmission is doing it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
for both rev limiter and the kickdown mode?

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
The shift points are set a bit higher than normal, meaning, it will hold the gear a bit longer before shifting to the next gear. Though it's not a sport mode, it will not go straight to 6th gear anymore.

Thanks for the info. Looks like my DSG flash choice just became complicated again.

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
Based on the features, it seems like a stage 1 dsg would suit my stage 2 tune just fine, right? Stage 2 dsg sounds like it's best for k04 and up.

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
Based on the features, it seems like a stage 1 dsg would suit my stage 2 tune just fine, right? Stage 2 dsg sounds like it's best for k04 and up.

That is the tentative idea. Like any of our offerings, people can always update to a higher stage for the difference in price, at a later date.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Austin how does this compare to the APR DSG software?.... Forgot they don't have one yet and will continue taunting us forever. On that note, can this be paired up with another companies Tune?

Retro1

Ready to race!
Austin how does this compare to the APR DSG software?.... Forgot they don't have one yet and will continue taunting us forever. On that note, can this be paired up with another companies Tune?

We would use your exact code, so that shouldn't change. Unless something other than the transmission is doing it.

in other words, you can use a GIAC DSG flash with an APR ECU flash

several people have done that combo on the mkv forums so it's definitely been done before

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
in other words, you can use a GIAC DSG flash with an APR ECU flash

several people have done that combo on the mkv forums so it's definitely been done before

Sweet thanks...missed that part, tired of waiting for APR to do something.

Thomas@GIAC

Ready to race!

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Can you please explain what the raised torque limiter is for? I never was able to figure out what its for. I know guys with stage 3/3+ who still use the stock DSG software with no issues. What exactly are the benefits of this feature.

Thanks!

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
Can you please explain what the raised torque limiter is for? I never was able to figure out what its for. I know guys with stage 3/3+ who still use the stock DSG software with no issues. What exactly are the benefits of this feature.

Thanks!

The engine computer feeds a torque signal to the transmission, which the transmission uses to extrapolate all kinds of variables pertaining to shift times, points, etc... Some tuners are changing the torque reduction messages being fed to the transmission from the ECU in order to bypass power reduction. This is neither difficult nor elite (as some tuners like to tout). What it does do for the DQ250 is lower clutch clamping pressures as a result of the assumed lower torque output and also effects clutch pack transitions (IE gear shifts). With a legitimate DSG recalibration, we are able to use real outputs and calibrate transmission variables accordingly. Further, when part throttle torque requests are met, rather than fooled, the car won't have any boost surge at part throttle. This is all in addition to the other features that we offer with the DSG reflash.

There is a very big difference between a car running with a big turbo or K04 kit on it, and it running properly with full power to the wheels.

Deaks2

Ready to race!
Does the GIAC Stage 2 tune also change "the torque reduction messages being fed to the transmission from the ECU in order to bypass power reduction?"