GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 Mechanical Discussion

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
BTW, I think the first VW car with the 7 speed DSG here will be the new Jetta Hybrid....1.4TSI with the 7 speed and hybrid drivetrain...

speed

Ready to race!
^^I agree, it does blur the lines more between the two.

It will come down more to available equipment and appearance with the next gen.

indeed, but that is assuming there's not much change done on the GTI.. til its official unveiling, everything's just plain speculation.

Dybz

Banned

CFG9000

Ready to race!
So, is it likely the GTI will "revert" back to a 1.8L?? :iono:

The Golf is getting a 1.8T replacement for the 2.5L. The GTI is 99% still going to be a 2.0T

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
The Golf is getting a 1.8T replacement for the 2.5L. The GTI is 99% still going to be a 2.0T

Very, very excited about the new 1.8T! If it has 180hp and gets anywhere near 40mpg hwy this will replace my POS TDI for my wife...even more so if it can tune it just a little past 200hp with a stage 1 tune! I will always have a GTI, but for the 2nd car this is very good news for me. I was considering looking elsewhere soon because our TDI sucks and the 2.5 is nothing to write home about. Looking forward to the future.

Still sad the GTI is getting such a small bump, think i'll keep the MKVI GTI until the 8 comes out...or fingers crossed for a mid cycle engine refresh or special edition K04 MKVII without AWD.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

grambles423

Automotive Engineer