GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Would be helpful too if you could post a link to the posts your talking about so folks can have a quick reference.

What color are the rear fogs? The Euro switch isnt expensive, is soldering of wires involved here? Just curious.

Why? I will only have to go doing the same search other people will have to and therefore do their work for them. I don't have them memorised.

In the process of finding them people can also learn along the way - the way most people have. (kind of kidding - I should really use the subscribe feature more or bookmark posts)

The rear fog light is a bright red led light - it should be mandatory worldwide! Aids visibility for cars behind to see you better in foggy and low visibility conditions.

No soldering required - the wires just click in.

Getting the wires out of the CECMs are a pain in the ass. And its very awkward working down there. Need to cut some of the wiring black tape back to get room to swap the wires.

Anyway, here you go.

The wiring to be done for the rear fog. I'm sure there are other threads with pictures etc. Here is a good one

1. install trigger wire from euro switch pin #7 to black cecm pin# 17
  2. move wire from black cecm pin #28 to brown cecm pin #47
  3. move wire from brown cecm pin #47 to black cecm pin #28
  4. vagcom coding under 09 central electronics, byte 18, change to either "04" or "21" (for bi-xenon fronts) or "15" (for halogen fronts)

For the front parking lights you need another trigger wire installed from euro switch pin #3 to black cecm pin #19.

Last edited:

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
Is Option 1 darker than the OEM golf R's or do i have to get another option? i really not into the oem xherry ones

CGorman68

Passed Driver's Ed
When the dark cherries are back in stock at the end of the month will they still be the same price as during the group buy? If so I'll be purchasing right away!

Edit: I can't spell.

Last edited:

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Is Option 1 darker than the OEM golf R's or do i have to get another option? i really not into the oem xherry ones

Option 1 is OEM Dark Cherry. OEM came in two colors, Cherry and Dark Cherry. Depo on only has Dark Cherry.

When the dark cherries are back in stock at the end of the month will they still be the same price as during the group by? If so I'll be purchasing right away!

Yes, the price is what it states. Ill update the thread once they are back in. They are set for the 22nd.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion

Dark cherry is like the Golf R taillights colour.
The other options (black cherry and smoked) are just custom aftermarket looking ones based on these.
Red Cherry is like the Golf GTI/GTD colour.

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
Ok that makes things more clear so i have gti so there for i have cherry red. and the golf r has dark cherry..

LoveMyGTI8970

Ready to race!
Yes, the price is what it states. Ill update the thread once they are back in. They are set for the 22nd.

Dose, Anyway I can be notified directly once they are in? I will order the first set of Dark Cherry!!!

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Ok that makes things more clear so i have gti so there for i have cherry red. and the golf r has dark cherry..

Not really.
You have a US Golf GTI - therefore (it should be that) you have standard (tinted) halogen rear lights. The GTI and R have the same here.
In Europe (and elsewhere) the LEDs taillights are offered by VW per above - and as options.

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
Just curious who else here ordered Dose's Cherry Reds while he had them? If fedex gets their act together I'll have mine in by this weekend and will try to get some pics up.

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
Just curious who else here ordered Dose's Cherry Reds while he had them? If fedex gets their act together I'll have mine in by this weekend and will try to get some pics up.

I got my replacement in 2 days :) I'm also in Cali though. So idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z3speed4me1

Can I still jump on this? Just bought an R yesterday, want to throw a set of these on...

I'd like a set of Dark Cherry NA please if so.

truuuuuuuuu

Ready to race!
Dose, mind sending a pm my way? A buddy is having an issue with a tail light we recently ordered. No big deal, but he's a noob and wants me to see what we can do

Shadow blue

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!

You are the only one... lagging on posting to the website. Holiday beat me up lol.

Can I still jump on this? Just bought an R yesterday, want to throw a set of these on...

I'd like a set of Dark Cherry NA please if so.

Email me for a waitlist.

Dose, mind sending a pm my way? A buddy is having an issue with a tail light we recently ordered. No big deal, but he's a noob and wants me to see what we can do
Shadow blue

I don't PM, I hate PM hahaha... Have them email me through the website. Also visit the FAQ page just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.