GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Installed my dark cherrys :)

Very Satesfied

Off subject but curious what oil you use in the Winter? 5w40, 0w40 or?? Just curious how the car does in cold climate.

Jeff

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
They look very good. Im just wondering about the quality. Don't get me wrong they are a very good price but still 400 bones is 400 bones. I am sure I will break down and get the depos because they are nice looking copies of the oem tails and actually have a warranty.

Quality is very good and absolutely fine. If vw gave me them as OEM I wouldn't care or be as anal as some and would just take em and be none the wiser.

Bowthewow

Ready to race!
Off subject but curious what oil you use in the Winter? 5w40, 0w40 or?? Just curious how the car does in cold climate.

Jeff

I run 5w40. The car runs pretty well in the cold. Lately the weather has been gone from 20-50 degrees within a day. My only problem with the GTI in Colorado is the FwD but besides that everything is great!

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I run 5w40. The car runs pretty well in the cold. Lately the weather has been gone from 20-50 degrees within a day. My only problem with the GTI in Colorado is the FwD but besides that everything is great!

The FWD is better than RWD in the snow though.

Yeah you need a Subie in CO. AWD is a must in the snow.

Jeff

LoveMyGTI8970

Ready to race!
Any Idea when you will have more? I am looking to order once you get a new batch! Also, any chance you will be getting any black cherry in?

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Maybe the newer batch will be better as long the price is around the same Dose...So whats the word on that?

Jeff

Better??? I don't get it, not sure if I'm missing something but you keep referring to them like they are having issues.

Email me if you have concerns I can help you with.

Any Idea when you will have more? I am looking to order once you get a new batch! Also, any chance you will be getting any black cherry in?

The ETA is end of January but only Dark Cherry. Still nothing on Black Cherry.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I have no issuesi haven't bought them yet but doing searching through forums have shown flaws in them. Mostly in the plastic where some have had to buff out the flaws and fix the rough edges so to speak. That's alli have read. The price point is good and they look OEM and you give a warranty is why I'm considering them over OEM units. Dark Cherry is the color closest to OEM stock color correct?

Jeff

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
I have no issuesi haven't bought them yet but doing searching through forums have shown flaws in them. Mostly in the plastic where some have had to buff out the flaws and fix the rough edges so to speak. That's alli have read. The price point is good and they look OEM and you give a warranty is why I'm considering them over OEM units. Dark Cherry is the color closest to OEM stock color correct?

Jeff

Correct, Dark Cherry is the closest. The references to polishing were because when they shipped it caused some rub marks. Wax fixed that, and Depo has also added a layer on top when shipping which has resolved the issue.

The lines at the top are the mold lines. Just like any injection mold it has seams, some people have sanded and waxed the lines but I don't know many who have. Once the hatch is closed you don't really see them. Its only on the outers and its very minute.

Nockiboo has a DIY in this thread with wetsanding and waxing but he had a different seam than any I have ever seen.

LoveMyGTI8970

Ready to race!
The ETA is end of January but only Dark Cherry. Still nothing on Black Cherry.

Okay great! :happyanim: That is actually perfect timing for me as my tax check should be here by then hopefully. Any way I could be notified when you get the Dark Cherry in?

Status
Not open for further replies.