GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoxville1

Passed Driver's Ed
Got em today and installed.... Still need to tinker with adjustments. Came with the extra white plastic in places, need a sharp knife to remove. Overall they were in great shape, packaged very well.

Luna

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you ended up using the resistors? If not, which code did you ended up using? Anyhow, glad it worked out! Nice!

Got em today and installed.... Still need to tinker with adjustments. Came with the extra white plastic in places, need a sharp knife to remove. Overall they were in great shape, packaged very well.

TewFoxy

Ready to race!

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
hey me and asean arent on your list :thumbsup:

LOL... I dont add the local sales because the lights are handed over. I use post 2 like a tracking for buyers. (really for me to keep track :laugh:)

Glad to see your still alive... your :wub: hasnt noticed the lights and :fighting0030: you up! :lol:

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

j2z1

Ready to race!
Putting them in a few days. I'm hyped I got black cherry for my black gti.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

DAWGUMk6

I've searched endlessly everywhere for every kind of R tail light out there and I have yet to find out what happens when bulbs go out in the R tail lights... do individual LED's not light up and are they easy to service if they do, or will the entire light fixture go out like regular lights? is there one bulb that lights up the entire tail light. I was under the impression that there are many individual LED lights, and I thought that it would be difficult to service individual lights when they began to go out because im sure they wont be lasting forever.

PS - I ordered my set already and don't plan on changing my mind about these but this is a question I've never seen answered.

palma

Ready to race!
My driver side outter is getting a lot of condensation in it. :( any idea how to fix this?

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I've searched endlessly everywhere for every kind of R tail light out there and I have yet to find out what happens when bulbs go out in the R tail lights... do individual LED's not light up and are they easy to service if they do, or will the entire light fixture go out like regular lights? is there one bulb that lights up the entire tail light. I was under the impression that there are many individual LED lights, and I thought that it would be difficult to service individual lights when they began to go out because im sure they wont be lasting forever.

PS - I ordered my set already and don't plan on changing my mind about these but this is a question I've never seen answered.

Also curious. I think your screwed if one of the LEDs goes out.

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!

Fact: LEDs lifespan is 10 times longer than a halogen bulb.

Example: Take your OEM brake light: Id say in a worse case scenario you replace your brake light in 3 years. Based on the average lifespan of an LED, this means they would last close to 15 years. Obviously it cant be promised, but based on the fact there are no post I'd say it hasn't been seen yet with hundreds of sets of taillights unless a defect.

In regards to whether one or all go out, that only depends on the design. It depends whether the lights on the PCB are wired in Series or Parallel. If they are in Series, and one light goes out in the middle, anything from the bad LED on would not emit. I don't know the wiring schematics of the lights but I would assume we are a long way from worrying about LED's.

I've used LED flashlights which are dropped and abused for over 5 years that only require battery changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.