GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heads Up: Failing TSI Water Pumps

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
Maybe five years ago I guess. Still funny up in Canada?

It never gets old no matter where you are.

When did reading comprehension get old in the US?

"It sounds like a failing idler bearing but the sound is coming from the right side of the motor. If it's failing you will be able to hear it fairly easily. Although this is not a very technical explanation, it does sound like some sort of animal is in the engine."

Halvie

WOOSA
It never gets old no matter where you are.

When did reading comprehension get old in the US?

"It sounds like a failing idler bearing but the sound is coming from the right side of the motor. If it's failing you will be able to hear it fairly easily. Although this is not a very technical explanation, it does sound like some sort of animal is in the engine."

Haven't you checked the stats? Last place in pretty much everything. Pretty dumb down here.

Was pretty much asking for more clarification. I am not sure if I am trying to listen for a grizzly bear, or a cricket. Engine sounds like shit normally. Not sure how much worse it sounds with a failing pump. Also have no idea what a failing idler bearing sounds like.

Can you do a your mom joke for a follow up? I hear those are just starting to catch on.

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
Haven't you checked the stats? Last place in pretty much everything. Pretty dumb down here.

Was pretty much asking for more clarification. I am not sure if I am trying to listen for a grizzly bear, or a cricket. Engine sounds like shit normally. Not sure how much worse it sounds with a failing pump. Also have no idea what a failing idler bearing sounds like.

Can you do a your mom joke for a follow up? I hear those are just starting to catch on.

Sounds to me like you probably shouldn't be trying to diagnose your own car.

If you're so unsure why did you even think your pump was failing?

I'd put my money on its fine.

Try this: http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d162/phillycheez5teak/?action=view&current=IMG_0160.mp4

From: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6235

And here's a good one for you: Your mom is like a hardware store, 5 cents a bolt, 10 cents a screw.

Halvie

WOOSA
Sounds to me like you probably shouldn't be trying to diagnose your own car.

If you're so unsure why did you even think your pump was failing?

I'd put my money on its fine.

And here's a good one for you: Your mom is like a hardware store, 5 cents a bolt, 10 cents a screw.

Car isn't going in for a couple of weeks. Just thought it would be nice to have an idea of what is going on, so if something is up with the pump I can order it in time for when the car goes in. Has a sort of cricket sound coming from the engine bay now. Wasn't sure if this was the type of animal sound I should be hearing.

Too clean of a joke :)

miguelmk6

I have a 2011 gti and I got this sound after 980 kilometers. I go to the dealer today and they turned on another showroom 2011 GTI with 0 kilometers. after it warmed up, it gets this noise --> they say it's normal, case closed. but then I read this threads and I planning to go back and tell them they should check the water pump.. because they had no idea what this was... I hope they change the part under warranty.

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
No problems with the water pump, hence, I cannot hear anything since I am hearing impaired. Only if my father hear something funny, hell let me know.

walbjj

Ready to race!
ive got a 2011 gti, in australia. the waterpump noise is a high pitched constant "eeeeeeeeeeee" noise when the car is warmed up.
i initially had the pcv valve replaced but then they said it wwas the waterpump.
i had the pump changed today and the noise is gone. we will see how long it lasts tho

Gracias hombre!