GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - GFB T9351 DV+ Diverter Valve Kit

Great reveiw --- So I already have a CTS K04 installed, and recently the GFB DV+ kit (which I LOVE as well :thumbsup: )

do you think there are any additinal gains or advantages to be had, if I install the UNITRONIC DV relocation kit??? really like your set-up!

PS -- what do you have wrapped in DEI gold tape? is it your inlet pipe or T.O.P? nice (I have my stage II carbonio wrapped up, LOL)

X2

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
ANother great review
p.s. my wallet hates you :thumbsup:

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Great review.
Thanks.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
So ultimately, even with stock software, there is a benefit to running the GFB DV+.

Correct

HYDE, you'll have your car at Dubrun, ja?

Ufortunately not, 6 months of hard work to tweak and promote our amazing DubRun event and my 2nd daughter was born today!

stoked to see how this affected the stock turbo, and yeah I agree this is a must have mod for anyone into performance. Thanks as always for the detailed review

You are welcome.

So you think this setup is better then the Synapse valve? I was under the impression the Synapse valve is the fastest valve around...faster then the electronic actuated valves as well.

That is a correct statement, I decided to roll back to the electronic actuation for safety measure but add the DV+ for the strength of a mechanical DV. Best of both worlds.

Great review Thanks!!

You are welcome.

do you think there are any additinal gains or advantages to be had, if I install the UNITRONIC DV relocation kit??? really like your set-up!

PS -- what do you have wrapped in DEI gold tape? is it your inlet pipe or T.O.P? nice (I have my stage II carbonio wrapped up, LOL)

I personally like the Unitronic DV for several reasons (look, easy access, advertised benefits). I have my Unitronic stage 2 pipe and Neuspeed throttle body pipe wrapped in DEI Gold Reflect-a-tape. The Neuspeed turbo outlet pipe would not really gain any benefit from this.

Awesome Review..

I have about the same impressions!

You da man.

Very much interested in hearing his response to this also. I also have the Synapse valve and completely love it on my KO4 setup. Seeing he had a Synapse as well, I'm wondering what real difference was noticed.

The designs of the diverter valve inlets are completely different. The Synapse is a flat plate that blocks the incoming boost pressure then opens on vacuum. The DV+ is engineered to normalize boost pressure within the diverter valve.

Is this true? Where I can get a block-off plate for the APR K04?

It is true, I was the one that realized this and provided feedback to Unitronic. As stated above, Unitronic plans to release a new version that will work with all K04 turbo applications.

always awesome reviews Ryan!

@ Zillion , i'll be there and have it installed aswell if you wanna take mine for a spin

Thank you. Enjoy DubRun boys!

Curious what contribution of performance did the GFB DV+ have as compared to the DV relocation kit.

I'm hesitant to relocate the DV because the temperature shock to the turbine between shifts, especially with a W/M mix, can be bad for the compressor wheel and the bearings. It's not so much an issue when the compressor wheel is accepting new, cool air under full throttle because the wheel is spinning and compressing the air therefore keeping it warm.

Great points. I made sure to test and provide the above feedback with the Unitronic Diverter Valve Relocation Kit installed for both options, the OEM diverter valve and then the OEM diverter valve rebuilt with the GFB DV+. The contributions to throttle feedback were definitely from the GFB DV+.

As for the temperature shock to the turbine, you're referring to the minimal cooling effect that water meth would contribute to the boost that's recirculated to the turbo inlet? Wouldn't this be the same as a long drive / hot turbo during the winter? Freezing temps coming in through the intake and hitting a hot turbo? Pre turbo water meth jets could impact the compressor wheel and bearings from what I'm told but I would think water meth cooled air would be far less damaging.

ANother great review
p.s. my wallet hates you :thumbsup:

Thanks and "too bad" lol. Get on this!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Congratulations! From one father to another. Hope everyone is doing well. Funny that you still have time to post. Dedication!

Thank you sir. Yea I didn't want that to be perceived the wrong way lol. My write-up was done and while my wife was sleeping before labor started I went throug some more edits and decided to post. All day I've been handling last minute DubRun event firedrills and I have another future review to get cracking on as well.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Congrats with the new born.
I am getting married in 6hours.
But hey. We always have time for cars Right?
Keep up the god "review" job.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Ah, darn!

Congrats, though!

Next writeup = Unitronic DV relocate kit? :D

Nope that was covered here.

Next reviews will be Whanabe Innovative engine oil / coolant caps, ST coilovers any the TyrolSport Master Brake Cylinder Bracket (group buy starts tomorrow).

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
It is true, I was the one that realized this and provided feedback to Unitronic. As stated above, Unitronic plans to release a new version that will work with all K04 turbo applications.

FYI, John had informed me that the current Unitronic relocation kit works with APR K04 now. Will hopefully test this out sometime soon.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
HYDE when are you planning to reinstall the stage 2 software/hardware, and circle back to this?