GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Initial Impressions and Review of HPA SHS Coilovers

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
woohoo no more q5 status!:thumbsup:

OldDirty

Ready to race!
Sweet! I have these on my GTI.....first set of coilovers I've ever bought and they seem really good so far.

Your A3 looks really good....on stock suspension some of the older A3s can look a bit "mom mobile"....but with the newer front end and your suspension yours looks great :thumbup:

I'm assuming you have the "S Line" package or something? (I know nothing about Audi style packages....I try not to look since I can't afford to switch cars right now :p )

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Ordered! Thanks Darryl!

:thumbup:

woohoo no more q5 status!:thumbsup:

yep!

Sweet! I have these on my GTI.....first set of coilovers I've ever bought and they seem really good so far.

Your A3 looks really good....on stock suspension some of the older A3s can look a bit "mom mobile"....but with the newer front end and your suspension yours looks great :thumbup:

I'm assuming you have the "S Line" package or something? (I know nothing about Audi style packages....I try not to look since I can't afford to switch cars right now :p )

Thanks. Yes, S Line and agreed, the 09+ refresh front end looks way better than the older version.

I'm about 3 days in now with commuting to work, highway, side roads, dips, potholes, etc, etc and these have been TERRIFIC. Ride softer than the DG springs and they go lower. I think these are the optimal CO's for someone who appreciates the DG ride quality, but wants to go lower and at a reasonable price.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Day 4 - love these! :wub:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
lower and not as stiff :)

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Looks good, thanks for taking the time to do the review. I will shortly be on my DG springs that have been sitting in my garage for a while, this sound like a good upgrade down the road..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Looks good, thanks for taking the time to do the review. I will shortly be on my DG springs that have been sitting in my garage for a while, this sound like a good upgrade down the road..

you wont regret the DG springs tho, they are a great setup and at a killer price.

Been a week....any updates?

still great, very happy with the purchase. They have settled some more and the car looks quite awesome now. I may slightly raise the rears or leave them if I can get away with adjusting the fender liners as I have some slight rub on big dips, but the front has been perfect - then again, its a higher bumper than the GTI.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Any more reviews? So....we're talking STs but softer?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I drove a GTI with ST's last weekend for a good distance of high way and street. I'd say comfort wise they are very very close, with the SHS's maybe being a tad softer than the ST's, but sounds like the ST's may go lower.

OldDirty

Ready to race!
I'm finally getting an alignment today after having the SHS coils installed, can't wait to get it back and be able to enjoy them more. I settled in at about 24.75" fender to ground with 37 PSI in my Ventus V12s. I would like to set the front at 24.5"....but I like that I don't have to worry much right now about road conditions or driveway entrances. I drove over a pretty big chunk of concrete yesterday with no time to react and it reminded me why I should just be happy with where I'm at :p

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I drove a GTI with ST's last weekend for a good distance of high way and street. I'd say comfort wise they are very very close, with the SHS's maybe being a tad softer than the ST's, but sounds like the ST's may go lower.

But the SHS, ST's, V1, V2, V3's.....they "should" be all the same height wise....it's pretty much all the same design across the board in the front struts & rear perch setup....just the ST's aren't stainless as opposed to the rest.
And then there is no difference in the V1 & ST dampening. SHS supposedly has different dampening and/or softer springs though.

And then the V2's have rebound adjustment.
And then the V3's have full adjustment.

So they should all be identical in the end though

But I hope that these are truly softer than the ST's. ST's weren't bad, but were kinda stiff (on my CC). In comparison, the Koni's were softer for sure.