GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intakes

itgvw

Passed Driver's Ed
So on DBC, I can get the carbonio for 255 shipped and the BSH for 170. So other than the gorgeous carbonfiber of the carbonio, is there another reason for me to spend the extra 80 bucks instead of getting the BSH?

TIA

jgs5607

Ready to race!
"i doubt those idiots at mazda made something so bad that an aftermarket makes 20 more horsepower... in a car that is known for its power"

I wouldn't call them idiots; If you are Mazdaspeed trying to sell your own aftermarket intake system, you can make one with less compromises to put on your stock car and give the end user something worth buying. Good marketing in my mind.

It is not like it needs more power from the factory, the car has so much torque and power stock, that it electronically torque limited in the first 2 gears so you just don't fry the tires. Haven drive one while figuring out what to buy, (and I also has a friend who owns one) it really comes on in 3rd gear and above where the limiter is defeated.

I wouldn't challenge one at highway speeds unless I wanted to be looking at his tail lights. Look at the0-60, 0-100 and 0-130 times in the mags that test that high and you see where 3 really becomes a beast. It really needs AWD so they could totally uncork that motor.

That all said, I bought a GTI for its blend of attributes; if I really end up wanting more power, I will go the APR re-flash route which gives a lot more bang for the buck than an intake.

MKVvs...

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally had my BSH intake installed.

It's superb!!! I'm not getting those

weird harmonics like on the MKV's. :)

eddmkv

RIDE TILL I DIE
^very cool, r u gettin performance gains? how does it sound? maybe a video clip for us to c...lol, thanks.

EvL BuNNY

Ready to race!
i read somewhere that the carbonio intake doesnt add any power at all?

is this true?

i want to add an intake eventually after i do my stage 1 apr upgrade and im thinking of going with the neuspeed... it sounds so good

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
I have the BSH Stage 1 on my MKV GTI and have nothing but good things to say about it. I had a Neuspeed on before that and I did not like it. The BSH performs/feels much better.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
just ordered the stage 2 BSH intake kit. extremely excited!:burnrubber:

Carbon Blir

Ready to race!
sweet.. i am looking to get mine... not sure if i should do bsh or ust do a custom intake just not sure of the heat soak problem.

mk6 gti

Ready to race!
Just installed my new APR intake today and wanted to say that I LOVE it! The quality of the Carbonio exceeds my expectations and the fit is flawless.

The Intake adds a nice deep growl under full throttle, and in third gear you can hear the DV release when you let off the gas

I can't wait to add the Stage 1 tune next month:thumbup:

Good Job APR!