Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers

Votes: 44 59.5%

• Total voters

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I will never understand why some love Koni coilovers

Because they will lay your car out.

OP I know you want to go low so this may not be for you but I have Bilstein Coilovers and they are awesome worlds better then most kits. The fronts in this picture are all the way down and the rears set to suit the front height. This was also taken right after I drove 40 miles home right after install. They settled a tiny bit lower.

Stinger

Ready to race!
Reviving this thread...

I've got B8's with DG springs and really like the set up. The ride is firmer yet absorbs the road's imperfections better than stock. A great improvement.

Problem is, my car is too high... about 1" in the front and 2" in the back and it's been annoying me every since I installed the shocks. If I can lower the car by that much the fender will sit just at the top of the tires (nothing slammed, sorry not my thing).

I'm now seriously considering coilovers, either Koni's or Bilsteins PSS10's which are about the same price. My concerns are: 1. to preserve the great ride quality I now enjoy and 2. I want to make sure the body lowers as much as I want (or else I ain't spending so much mullah!)

Will either do the job? Because I have Bilstein's on now I tend to prefer those but...should I?

Danz5k1

Ready to race!
Between the Koni, KW and Bilstein PSS10, the PSS10 is the best of the bunch.

Even the PSS is the best out of KW and Koni.

Since lowering is on your agenda, look for that H&R ultra low coilover also. Remember, get a coilover which offers the most drop at its highest setting if your concern is lowering.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Between the Koni, KW and Bilstein PSS10, the PSS10 is the best of the bunch.

Even the PSS is the best out of KW and Koni.

Since lowering is on your agenda, look for that H&R ultra low coilover also. Remember, get a coilover which offers the most drop at its highest setting if your concern is lowering.

Good post. If I have to get new suspension ill probably run a hybrid pss and hyperco linear springs set up. I'm over twintube and how they respond to temperature change.

clownish

just clowning around
Bilsteins. Neuspeed usually sells them the cheapest. And I run PSS9s without any problems. As stock or better ride. Amazing handling. Easy config. Nothign to dislike. They last through extreme cold and extreme heat without problems.

Danz5k1

Ready to race!

Bilstein won this award 8 years in a row.

Flipper

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank bajeezus found this thread, looked at ST's, heard good things but I'm not gonna want to redo suspension so looking for the best regardless of price. Well. Without completely going broke. I thought Konis were gonna be the next option but the more I read the more I saw that Bilstein always had positive reviews. Bilstein PSS actually aren't as expensive as I would of thought. After all the good things people have been saying I think I'll take those Bilstein PSS when I get the chance.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Thank bajeezus found this thread, looked at ST's, heard good things but I'm not gonna want to redo suspension so looking for the best regardless of price. Well. Without completely going broke. I thought Konis were gonna be the next option but the more I read the more I saw that Bilstein always had positive reviews. Bilstein PSS actually aren't as expensive as I would of thought. After all the good things people have been saying I think I'll take those Bilstein PSS when I get the chance.

I was going to get the pss then I wanted rebound adjustment so I got the koni. I haven't adjusted the settings in forever. Wish I went with the pss now. Oh well always next time :p

If set it and forget it is your motto then pss is your golden ticket!

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Speaking from a quality and performance stand point Koni are straight garbage and KW is over priced straight garbage. Stick with Bilstein if you are not concerned with slamming the car to the ground. If thats what you want then go with H&R Ultralows.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Speaking from a quality and performance stand point Koni are straight garbage and KW is over priced straight garbage. Stick with Bilstein if you are not concerned with slamming the car to the ground. If thats what you want then go with H&R Ultralows.

I'm at 30k miles on my koni. 15k of them are with 350# springs on the 405 which consist of bump dips and jumps. The minute one of them blow I'm warranting it and selling them for some pss. I want something that can properly handle the higher spring rates.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
To speak of quality.....My konis are a originally from my mkv. I have probably over 80k miles over 7 years on them without a single problem. They still perform as new and have zero rust, even daily driving in the north east.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
bilsteins all day any day.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Interesting thread, read a lot of good feedback. Im looking for an upgrade from DG springs and OEM shocks to something firmer, better handling.. I love canyon runs and want to track on occasion, and I dont care about low. The current setup is just a little too soft for me. Im happy with the 2 finger gap DG spring drop, but closer to 1-1.5 would be nice.

Never had a chance to ride in B8's so no comparison, but I rode in B14's and it seemed a little harsh.. sadly, but I was totally tired at the time and dehydrated.

Asked this before, but no feedback: What settings would B8's and B14's compare to on B16's? I keep wanting to get another ride in the B14's.. but if I got a good deal on B16's.. maybe the adjustability would be worth the cost.