GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LA area Local Mod Installer

JhnR

Banned
Oh you better believe it. Gonna try to do all my work there, cuz he knows whats going on. If i had a garage with tools i would do it myself, but i dont for now :).

Also need to replace my rear brake pads so im gonna have him do it :)

GP813

Ready to race!
SOB...i totally forgot about this guy. I shouldve had him do my VWR coilovers....effffff.

Kerebrus

Ready to race!
Do you happen to know if he has VCDS or if he has installed LED tails before?

Kerebrus

Ready to race!
Those LED tails anyone can install, its that easy. I dont think he has a VAG. He owns a 350z.

Yes I installed them however there are slight fitment issues and I would prefer someone that has the proper tools and knowledge to work on getting them to fit better. May requiring sanding, etc. These are not OEM.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Yes I installed them however there are slight fitment issues and I would prefer someone that has the proper tools and knowledge to work on getting them to fit better. May requiring sanding, etc. These are not OEM.

None of the aftermarket "non-OEM" ones fit 100 percent perfectly.. You have to settle on almost perfect. LED tails are really easy to install, I'm by no means a mechanic but even I got them done. As far as coding goes I believe its 21 for byte 18... I'm trying to remember from like June last year, I could be wrong.

Kerebrus

Ready to race!
None of the aftermarket "non-OEM" ones fit 100 percent perfectly.. You have to settle on almost perfect. LED tails are really easy to install, I'm by no means a mechanic but even I got them done. As far as coding goes I believe its 21 for byte 18... I'm trying to remember from like June last year, I could be wrong.

You are correct, however there have been some people that received theirs (along with me) from the most recent GB and were able to do some trimming or adjustments to the inner clips, allowing the inner larger tail lights to line up better. I'm thinking of playing around with it, but don't want to risk breaking anything.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
You are correct, however there have been some people that received theirs (along with me) from the most recent GB and were able to do some trimming or adjustments to the inner clips, allowing the inner larger tail lights to line up better. I'm thinking of playing around with it, but don't want to risk breaking anything.

righton, can you explain exactly what you trim? Mine are almost perfect, but they could be lined up slightly better.

Kerebrus

Ready to race!
righton, can you explain exactly what you trim? Mine are almost perfect, but they could be lined up slightly better.

I'm still trying to get clarification, but I'll PM you what I'm talking about. Don't want to thread jack :)

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to revive an old thread but, does anyone know when David will be back in town? I need to get my dg springs installed.