GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

boosted plinko

Ready to race!
its the same i 2012. i did it to my car.

flyboy320

Passed Driver's Ed
Got to admit the one chime I would like to disable is the one that comes on when the outside air temperature drops to 4c or lower when driving......find it very distracting...:rolleyes:

Burn

It's called celebration in VAG-COM? I'll have to check. Maybe they updated the software and changed the language.

Both selections are present on my car. The original for Needle Sweep (which doesn't work for me) and Celebration (which works), I was one of the earlier ppl mentioning this, in this thread a while ago (April), I think I messaged the mod or owner of this thread about it.. But maybe too few ppl have used it.

Just double checked, I believe it is called Indicator Celebration. Been a while since I looked in VagCom.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
yes, "indicator_celebration". and its not in alphabetical order. did it 5 mins ago on my 2013 and it worked fine.

Bobstate

Just back from a tuning shop with VAGCOM. They told me my MY2010 GTI will not accept the code to enable Foglights as Daytime Running Lights. Did they miss a step?

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Just back from a tuning shop with VAGCOM. They told me my MY2010 GTI will not accept the code to enable Foglights as Daytime Running Lights. Did they miss a step?

they dont know what they are doing.
that literally takes less than 10 seconds to do.
it's worked on every gti ive done it on. ranging from 2010 to 2013
worked on all the mk5's too.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Can I ask a quick question?

Is it possible to get the compass on mfd without an rns unit installed?

Not familiar with GTD's, but I've got the compass on my '12 Gti with no RNS. I've got the RCD-510.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I think he means the compass display in the mfi rather than just the direction in the top corner.
Like this I think:

And I don't believe it is possible without an RNS radio

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
I think he means the compass display in the mfi rather than just the direction in the top corner.

And I don't believe it is possible without an RNS radio

Ah, good call. I only have the one in the corner.

Barry_doc

Passed Driver's Ed
Just meant even the direction in the corner of the mfd? Interesting urs has Lodi. Does anyone know how to code this?