GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

Barry_doc

Passed Driver's Ed
Would it be a matter of getting one and plugging it in and activating it via vag com?

Does anyone know if the loom will already be there in roof cloth?

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Would it be a matter of getting one and plugging it in and activating it via vag com?

Does anyone know if the loom will already be there in roof cloth?

I just bought a compass module, with extra wire... thingy, for $30 off of eBay. I don't know for sure if the rest of the wiring is already in there, but there are things in our car that, even if you didn't buy the upgrades, are pre-wired, ready to except the upgrade. I guess I'll be finding out the hard way in a couple of weeks.

Needless to say, even if the module can be simply slapped in I'll definitely still need to use my Vag-Com to activate the option in the MFD.

evilevo

I didn't see it posted anywhere so I'll post it here.

How to disable the DRL indicator in the cluster(even when the DRLs are on)

09: Cent. Conv
Coding
Long Coding Helper
Byte 26
Uncheck Bit 5
Profit :happyanim:

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
How do I enable the digital speed in KM/H in my digital display above the outside temp? My 2011 had this, my 13 doesn't. And I'm not talking about the digital speed feature in MFA. Thanks

tavorh

Ready to race!
PLEASE CONFIRM VAGCOM CODING

Hey Guys,
This was just what I was looking for. I need Vagcom coding for a 2010 GTI MK6. The prev owner made the fog lights to run as DRL, and Fog lights as Cornering lights now I want to switch back to stock on these. I heard you can reverse both of this with Vagcom. I am planning on going to a shop to get this coded for $50.

Please let me know in what order and what I have to give to USP Motorsports to code this back to OEM. This is what I found in this thread.

Lighting: Fogs as Cornering Lights
Description: if your fog lights are not on, but your headlights are, it will illuminate the fog in the direction you are turning at low speeds)
Check bit 7 of byte 14 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper
Demonstration Video: MK6 GTI Cornering Lights
Pic tutorial: Cornering Lights via Front Fog Lights Active

Lighting: Fogs as DRLs
Description: Use your fog lights instead of your low beams for DRLs
For Xenon equipped vehicles or Halogen equipped using the main low/dipped beam:
Check bit 1 of byte 14 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper
Un-check bit 2 of byte 11 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper (or leave checked to run BOTH fogs and low beams)
Pic tutorial: Fogs as DRLs for Xenon-equipped Vehicles
For Halogen equipped vehicles or using a separate bulb or filament for DRL only:

Uncheck bit 6 of byte 15 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper
Check bit 1 of byte 14 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper
Pic tutorial: Fogs as DRLs for Halogen-equipped Vehicles
Note: Depending on the Byte 18 coding, this may result in all of the parking lights illuminating.

eduardot

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,
This was just what I was looking for. I need Vagcom coding for a 2010 GTI MK6. The prev owner made the fog lights to run as DRL, and Fog lights as Cornering lights now I want to switch back to stock on these. I heard you can reverse both of this with Vagcom. I am planning on going to a shop to get this coded for $50.

Please let me know in what order and what I have to give to USP Motorsports to code this back to OEM. This is what I found in this thread.

There is no particular order needed to make those changes and the information you copied is correct. My suggestion would be to find somebody with a cable from a local meet instead of paying $50 for something that will take 5 minutes.

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
There is no particular order needed to make those changes and the information you copied is correct. My suggestion would be to find somebody with a cable from a local meet instead of paying $50 for something that will take 5 minutes.

+1. Nothing against the shop because they do have to pay there employees but save the money to buy something from them instead ;) and hit up local meets for Vag.

I believe Spiker369 lives in Miami (don't quote me) and he has a good network of folks that would take good care of you. Search him on the forums or hit him up on instagram. He is a good guy and Im sure would help you out or find someone for you.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Has anyone had trouble getting the Indicator Celebration to work after trying BOTH methods? I've tried both methods and neither works. I click Instruments, Adaptation, click the pull down menu and look for Indicator_Celebration and click it, but the software just says "module not found". And, of course, the original sweep named option doesn't work.

Am I the only one that has some kinda' goofed cluster that very specifically won't allow gauge sweeping? Or, am I just in the wrong menu? I could have sworn that when I tried the original method I was able to at least get the module to appear and click "do it", and then it would tell me it doesn't work. But, now bringing up either naming scheme just immediately slaps my with a "module not found" message.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone had trouble getting the Indicator Celebration to work after trying BOTH methods? I've tried both methods and neither works. I click Instruments, Adaptation, click the pull down menu and look for Indicator_Celebration and click it, but the software just says "module not found". And, of course, the original sweep named option doesn't work.

Am I the only one that has some kinda' goofed cluster that very specifically won't allow gauge sweeping? Or, am I just in the wrong menu? I could have sworn that when I tried the original method I was able to at least get the module to appear and click "do it", and then it would tell me it doesn't work. But, now bringing up either naming scheme just immediately slaps my with a "module not found" message.

Mine doesn't allowing for the gauge sweep either. We must have the same type of instrument cluster. IIRC there is only one type that doesn't allow gauge sweep.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
the gauge sweep setting is under a different name on some cars also.