GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3

My'12mk6

I had two sets of Pilot Super Sports over approx. 3 years. They were by far the best tires I could put on my GTI. Instantly corners that could barely be taken at 60mph with the OE Dunlops were confidently done at 70mph. The one drawback is you'll find yourself running low on tread every 12-18months. At that point traction is slightly reduced but the tires are still better than most others. In wet conditions you feel like the road is dry and all the other cars just dont know how to drive.
After moving to upstate NY for grad school i decided to put on AS/3 for the drive from FL. They were slightly less capable than the PSS in cornering on dry conditions. They last about 1.5x longer than the PSS and I was able to drive to Montreal in February (On the coldest weekend of the year with (-20F)) during some terrible conditions with no issues at all.
Overall, if you have the money and love cornering i prefer PSS. If you live in a multi-season climate or if having to change your tires frequently for optimal performance will dampen some of your enthusiasm for the PSS then I would choose the AS/3.

Side Note:
In my 5+yrs experience and 2 full circle cross country roadtrips with my '12 GTI, I have noticed Michelins' are not the longest lasting tread and do not last close to the expected life. However, Michelin has epic customer service and all new tires have a warranty. So if this is the case with your michelins then let them know and they will assist you.